This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

September is an exciting time for the fashion industry whether it’s waiting for the September issue of Vogue or of course when Fashion Week starts again. London Fashion Week for the Spring/Summer collection 2018 began the 15th of September and finished on the 19th. 

It took place in at The Store Studios on the Strand. The catwalk hosted many different designers from household names including Victoria Beckham, Topshop Unique and Julien McDonald.   

One of the biggest talking points of the week was the Emporio Armani show. Giorgio Armani returned to the London catwalk after a ten-year hiatus. His reasoning for choosing the English capital was because of the city’s “dynamism, energy and cosmopolitanism”. 

His latest collection didn’t disappoint. Armani took inspiration from the Queen herself and wanted to use colours that the Queen would wear. The use of bright and pastel colours gave the collection a youthful feeling to the overall theme.  

Minimalistic colours appeared to be a common trend across many different designers. This was a different trend for London Fashion Week, who is renowned for outrageous patterns and colours. There were designers across the board who opted for the muted look such as J.W. Anderson, Margaret Howell and Louise Trotter.   

As always Donatella Versace never ceases to amaze us all with her collections. At the fashion show, Versace showcased her younger collection Versus Versace. Tailoring was a major component of the designs throughout the collection as well as cowboy themed items.  

Tommy Hilfiger also left the audience star-struck with his rock’n’roll themed runway show. Hilfiger also included some pieces of the collection in which he collaborated with supermodel Gigi Hadid.  

Looking back on London’s most fashionable week of the season, it’s no surprise that the show amazed all who attended. While the catwalk is taken down and moving onto its next destination, London will still be one that people won’t forget.   

Photo by Kris Atomic on Unsplash

My name is Niamh Dunne. I am a 20 year old student in DCU studying Media Studies and Politics. I have a huge passion for writing and fashion. I hope to become a political correspondent for either TV or radio once I have graduated college! x
Hey guys! I'm Megan and I'm from Ireland. I'm studying Journalism in Dublin City University.