Style > Fashion

Julia Fox Is The Face Of KNWLS’ “Precious” Collection

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Since her rise in popularity this year, model and fashion icon Julia Fox has won the affection of many. With her fashion choices being deemed iconic, some even questionable, it is no surprise that we see the actress as the new face of KNWLS. The British fashion brand has recently announced that Julia Fox will be the official ambassador for their Fall/Winter 2022 Precious collection.

Co-founders, Knowles and Arsenault shared their excitement about Fox becoming a KNWLS girl at an exclusive press release earlier this month. 

Julia is an icon of our time who embodies our values; strong, unapologetic, and authentic. Collaborating with Julia and watching her transform in front of Elizaveta’s lens was thrilling and a perfect combination of fierceness – she exudes power and resilience which is the energy we strive for with every collection. Spending time together, we realized how much we have in common, both feeling that we’ve had a lot to overcome in our respective fields. This shoot gave us the chance to come together and create something meaningful, which we’ll always remember.

The collaboration sees Fox in a futuristic-looking world. Shot by Elizaveta Porodina, the hazy, lavender backdrops, paired with hues of dark blue skies, melt into each other perfectly to achieve the “post-apocalyptic fantasy world,” the co-founders had in mind. 

However, what is interesting about this collaboration is the Y2K pieces that Fox is seen styling in the campaign pictures. With items such as studded leather jackets and strappy slip tops, KNWLS has brought modernity and powerful femininity to some of our favourite 2000s pieces. Julia Fox’s studded denim skirt look, layered over crisscross underwear, a matching bralette and a knitted cardigan represents that powerful feminine look. The contrast between the soft textures of the knitted cardigan and the spikes of the miniskirt shows us a daring and dangerous woman, “not to be underestimated” according to Knowles. With the Precious collection being inspired by the cybergoth look, it is no surprise we see a darker edge in Julia Fox’s looks.

As Julia Fox strikes a pose in the Precious studded, leather jacket she emanates rebellion. She is an untouchable woman. The spikes are featured again on this leather jacket, fitting in perfectly with the rest of Fox’s fierce looks. The broad shoulders of the jacket are reminiscent of the Y2K powerful shoulder pads that icons such as Lady Gaga and Rihanna rocked in the 2000s. Paired with her large brown-tinted sunglasses, Julia Fox shows us she is dangerous and also mysterious in this line.

Julia also showcases the Precious signature corset paired with a sheer wrap skirt and white crisscross underwear. Knowles and Arsenault share that Julia’s modelling of their creations was, “thrilling and a perfect combination of fierceness – she exudes power and resilience which is the energy we strive for with every collection.” The combination of both pieces makes for a perfect outfit that fits the brand’s extroverted, party-girl aesthetic. 

Precious has given us a modern version of the most iconic 2000s pieces and Julia Fox perfectly fulfils her role as the fierce and untouchable woman that KNWLS strived for. 

A match made in fashion heaven!

20 year old law student. HerCampus DCU Editor in Chief