matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Irish beauty influencer Jade McCann, 24, passed away on Thursday morning (October 24th) peacefully in her sleep surrounded by her family, partner and the staff of Blackrock Hospice following almost 2 years battling cancer.

Jade was a singer, songwriter, beauty influencer and advocate of all things positivity and well-being from Wicklow. She started a beauty and lifestyle blog in 2015 and posted on Instagram about health and beauty, covers of songs and writing poetry and ran a YouTube channel. She did all of this whilst working for East Coast FM and completing her arts degree in English, Media and Cultural Studies.

Jade, lovingly known as Jayda online, was diagnosed with a rare type of cancer called PEComa (Stage 4) in March 2018, only one month after her father, Anthony, had also been diagnosed with prostate cancer. The announcement of her diagnosis came only with a positive outlook, which will always be associated with Jade and her legacy. She said of the diagnosis that it would be a “learning curve” and she would use her platform to raise awareness for cancer. 

With over 70 thousand followers now on her Instagram, Jade documented the journey that both she and her father experienced throughout their battle, sharing the good and the bad with a smile always on her face. Jade shared stories and tips with her fan base about how she coped with each bad day through meditation, yoga and counselling and the importance of a positive attitude no matter what. She continued to post about beauty and other topics throughout her illness, not letting it define who she was or her presence online.

Tributes poured in from Irish influencers and her followers across the country and beyond, with Ellie Kelly posting on Instagram:

“…Jayda was & is an inspiration & it was an honour to get to know her so well while I was lucky enough to get the chance to. Such a positive & all-round amazing girl.” One of her fans posted saying “…Some people live to be 100 and never make an impact on this world. Jade your life, albeit short on this earth, made such a positive impact. You helped so many. You made a difference.”

She is sadly missed by her parents Anthony and Kim, brother Eoin and her partner Bren and extended family and friends. Donations, if desired, can be made to the Blackrock Hospice in Wicklow.

(n.d.). Retrieved from image from https://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/irish-influencer-jayda-mccann-has-sa…

19 years of age studying business and planes✈️ Into all things beauty, fashion and lifestyle with a splash of everything else?
?A Wellness Gumdrop? Helping students BREAK bad habits, SMASH goals and live their BEST LIVES through all things health, manifestation and storytelling? ?CC/Editor in Chief at Dublin City University ?Spreading those goody good vibes with you DCU Global Business Student '20 aziamto.com ig: @azia_mery linkedin.com/in/azia