Pictures of the Phoenix park in Dublin taken by the writer
Original photo by Aoife McGeough
Style > Beauty

Irish Beauty Brands Taking the Country By Storm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

During this time, supporting local and supporting Irish is very important. Our goal is to keep money circulating for the Irish community and supporting Irish businesses big or small is very important right now. Below is a list of 5 Irish beauty brands you can support during this time. 

Carter Beauty

Carter Beauty is one of those brands that became popular very quickly in Ireland when the release was announced. Carter Beauty was created by Marissa Carter, the founder of the worldwide known, Cocoa Brown tan which has been used by celebrities such as Kylie Jenner. For an Irish brand to reach celebrities the way Cocoa Brown did it was clear Carter Beauty would be a success. “As a peta approved member of Beauty Without Bunnies, Carter Beauty is a completely cruelty free and vegan brand.” Carter Beauty

At a reasonable price range Carter Beauty is one of those brands that you can afford to keep in your makeup bag. So here are some of their best sellers.

Hold Tight Perfecting Primer €7.95

Half Measure Creme Brulee €9.95

Full House Mixed Face Palette €7.95

Paint & Decorate 10-piece Brush Set €34.95

Kash Beauty

Founded by Instagram Makeup Artist and former Inglot employee Keilidh Cashell, Kash Beauty hit Ireland by storm towards the end of 2020. At only 24 Keilidh is one of Ireland’s most followed beauty influencers and is beginning her career with her own makeup brand at such a young age. Kash Beauty is another vegan and cruelty free makeup brand and if grunge-esque makeup and a nice smokey eye is your go to, this is the brand for you.

The bestsellers of Kash Beauty are the makeup bundles that are on the site. However all items in these bundles can also be purchased separately. Keep an eye on this brand, I believe there is a lot more to come from Keilidh and Kash Beauty.

Secret Treasure Full Colelction €99.95

Crystal Nights Full Collection €145.99

Pestle&Mortar

Pestle&Mortar is another Irish Peta approved brand, which is vegan and cruelty free. The brand was co-founded by mother of 5 Sonia Deasy, who created Pestle&Mortar off of busy women and men not having time to have a proper skincare routine. She wanted to create a skin care routine that was quick and easy and targeted dull dehydrated skin. “Sonia’s skincare formulations are inspired by natural healing and powered by science.” Pestle&Mortar

Pestle&Mortar are on the higher scale of price range, but their skincare is worth the price. Below are some of their best sellers.

Superstar Retnoid Night Oil 30ml €76.00

Hydrate Moisturiser 50ml €48.00

Pure Hyaluronic Serum 30ml €43.00

Recover Eye Cream 15ml €38.00

Nunaia

Another skincare brand who is also peta approved, vegan and cruelty free. Founded by Nicola Connelly, Nunaia came about after Nicola “found herself living and working with local communities on the Galapagos islands, the Ecuadorian Amazon and the Andes Mountains of Peru, helping them to develop sustainable models for their unique heritage. These experiences led to the crafting of a range of raw, living, superfood skincare rituals with a ‘Soil to Skin’ ethos and eventually to the creation of Nunaïa, pronounced [noo-nigh-yah].” Nunaia

Nicolas’ main goal is for us to feel “beauty within”. Below are some of their best selling products.

Superfood Cleansing Balm 100ml €59.00

Nourishing Radiance Serum 50ml €79.00

Reusable Facial Cleansing Ovals €19.95

💫 22 📍Leitrim, Ireland 📸 Social Media Officer at @hercampusdcu 🎓 BA Communication Studies DCU
BA in Economics, Politics and Law DCU. Currently studying European Union Law in The University of Amsterdam. Campus Correspondent for Her Campus DCU 2020/2021!