study abroad Peyton 2
study abroad Peyton 2
Peyton Guiry
Style > Fashion

How To Get The “Mob Wife” Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Is the next girl boss look…a crime boss one?  

This new “mob wife” aesthetic, is certainly a force to be reckoned with. It is bringing sophistication and timeless chic together – creating the boldest fashion trend we’ve seen in a while now. Think Elvira Hancock meets Gen Z…but how do we really get this look? 

Well… forget the old slick back buns—mob wife is all about messy, big, and voluminous hair. Mob wife hair—has attitude. A slick back bun…does not. So let’s not overcomplicate this, just give your hair a shake and a little bit of a back-comb – and you’re fixed! Well… maybe a touch of a Dyson Airwrap might help give it a more presentable look, but we know you can pull off anything so it’s fine!

Some musts to remember with the “mob wife” look are to think—print, fur and leather. (Of course in today’s sense we highly advocate for the use of faux fur, faux animal prints and faux leathers!) 

How to style this, however? Well… try all-black business casual with a side of loud faux fur coat and a cheetah print bag. This screams mob-wife. Or… further, try some leopard or snake print straight-leg pants, a black classy top and some black shiny pointed kitten heels for a more playful look. The “mob wife” look is not only acquired by the basics, but by personality. Now we don’t mean to start laundering money …we mean to embody the character and feel the confidence and the divine femininity it screams. 

But let’s not forget about jewellery—the dark horse that makes or breaks an outfit. To ‘achieve’ this look, it’s time to go routing through a 1980s jewellery box. The tackier the better! I’m kidding, how could anything about a mob wife be tacky…? No, but seriously—this look is truly a classic and with our 2024 Gen Z touch, it is undeniably contemporarily chic. So about the jewellery, start large. Go for the big golds, fill your fingers with rings and layer those necklaces. Gold jewellery especially is going to transform this look, decide how you will how much or little fits your look.

Remember, fashion is totally subjective and it’s a field where nothing is truly right or wrong, it’s a place for creativity and experimentation. So if you want to try out the “mob wife” look–don’t be a carbon copy of the first Pinterest picture you find. Instead—find what flatters you. Dress for your body, your hair and your style. So…what is the mob wife look going to be for you girl?

⇢Just a journalism student who likes writing all things fashion and lifestyle... 📰💌♡👠