Hot Girl Walk and Talk, Five Podcasts For Your Silly Little Walk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

It’s no secret that I love a good podcast and if you’re reading this you probably do too. I cannot and I mean CANNOT go on my silly little walk without having a podcast to listen to. Now these are personal choices, I’m a comedy and true crim girlies so do what you will with that information. So gals, get them walking shoes on and be ready to pop on one of these as you get your steps in.

Saving Grace

Now if you’re a frequenter of TikTok you’ll definitely know the queen herself Miss GK Barry. Grace took TikTok by storm with her overly honest retelling of her life experiences and her response to a question about the Tour de France. Her podcast is just the same, unhinged, hilarious and the greatest little laugh if you need it.

My Therapist Ghosted Me

Miss Joanne McNally and Mrs Vogue Williams are the most incredible duo. The comedienne and TV personality never fail to make me laugh with their gimmicks and their genuine care for each and their friendship. The reading of Vogue’s Instagram comments about a certain dress and their debate on how Dubarrys are pronounced are two moments that should hook you in enough.

Help I Sexted My Boss

These two unlikely friends are some of my favourite podcasters out there. William and Jordan are chalk and cheese, yet their friendship and comedy never fails to put a smile on my face. Their takes on modern life and their retelling of horrifically embarrassing and just plain weird stories puts the biggest pep in my step and gets me speed walking.

The Group Chat

Now if you know me, you know I love a bit of news. And I love my news delivered by the pride and joy of Irish newscasting. Gavan Reilly, Zara King, and Richard Chambers are television royalty at this stage after the nation became enamoured with their unrelenting and informative work during the COVID-19 pandemic. These three talk about the news in a way that makes me not want to rip my ears off and have a laugh at the same time. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t need a comedic take on the world these days.

Conspiracy Theories

Now hear me out. This Spotify Original has me hooked. I do love a conspiracy theory now and then. I like to feel like a detective, and I love a bit of drama. So, when I found this on a walk one day and played an episode I couldn’t stop. While some of these may be farfetched or plain ridiculous, it’s nice to have an escape that can make you realise that there are some weird things that go on in the world.

So, here are some of my choices. Don’t mind me, the runners are laced up and I’m off out on a walk.

Senior Editor. Your Culture Vulture. Law and French.