Style > Beauty

Hailey Bieber’s “No Makeup” Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

That au-naturel look a la Hailey Bieber, explained

I am a very natural makeup gal, always have been. I’ve tried my hand at using heavier foundations and I’m just not a fan. They always end up clinging to my dry patches and never look good. By the end of the day I end up with a patchy face, foundation only on the areas around my nose and T zone. Naturally I’ve spent countless hours on Vogue Beauty Secrets Youtube page and scrolling TikTok for the best naturally glowy makeup recommendations. So, voila, here are my best picks! 

Base products

I’ve tried a couple of different products for my base, with varying results. First I had a go at the Glossier Skin Tint. Now, if you’re looking for any coverage at all, this ain’t it. This is much more akin to a moisturizer that goes on tinted and just makes you feel like you’re wearing something. Next was the Essence Hydro Hero 24 Hour Tinted Cream. ‘Tinted’ and ‘hydrating’ are my favourite words so I was excited to try this. A pretty solid tinted moisturizer, its fairly buildable and gives a healthy glow. 

Eyes

I won’t lie, I’m not an eyeshadow girl. I still have that Naked palette from a few years ago, so while not my area of expertise, there are one or two products I do enjoy. One is an eyeshadow stick. It looks like a chunky crayon, but coppery and shimmery! Another came courtesy of a friend. Gifted to me was the Stila Eyes are the Window palette in ‘Mind’, which honestly comes everywhere with me. It has those perfect brown, everyday shades, a gorge deep purple and a cute terracotta colour. Bonus points because I use the black and brown for my smoky liner. 

Shade & light

If we’re talking about natural and effortless makeup looks, this is an area we can multitask in. Personally, I haven’t used a blush in about 10 years (thanks to natural pigmentation and a fond dislike for heavy foundation), however if I did I would be sure to pick up a dupe of the Charlotte Tilbury Glowgasm wand. It combines blush with a shimmery glow, perfect for on the run! As for bronzer, I often use mine (Amazonian clay matte bronzer in ‘Park Ave princess’) to do a quick swipe of eyeshadow if I’m feeling it. 

Lips

Lip products might be my favourite thing about makeup. I love lip products so much that in looking for products from my stash for this article, I went to my handbag instead of my makeup drawer, because I have a pouch with at least 4 lip products. Lip balm is always an easy option – get a tinted one like Glossier Balm Dot Com in Cherry or Catrice Power Full in Addicting Cassis for a wash of colour and you’re set. Or, if you prefer a dash of colour, I am a huge fan of the 17. Crème Lip for a hydrating lipstick or Glossier’s Gen G in Zip. Gen G is more splurge worthy, but if you’re on a budget, the 17. Lipstick is fab, and literally €3!!

There you have it, my favourite make up recs for a glowy, no makeup makeup look! 

Irish, Journalism & Digital Media student. Slow fashion advocate. Lover of knitting, cats and Taylor Swift <3