Galentine’s Day: Celebrate The Female Friendships In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Valentine’s day is fast approaching and while for some this fact gets you giddy with excitement as you start planning whatever activity you and your partner are going to partake in, others are dreading a holiday where you get a stark reminder of how lonely you are and for that there’s a simple solution. Galentine’s Day!

We have been seeing more and more of a prioritisation of female friendships in our day to day lives and Galentine’s Day is an excellent way to celebrate the girls who make your life special. I for one would rather spend the day with my friends than anyone else.

If you haven’t a clue at how to celebrate here are some ideas about how to show the girlfriends in your life how much they matter.

Galentine’s day brunch!

You can never go wrong with brunch. It combines tasty food, stunning drinks and intimate time with your girlfriends. There are many restaurants and cafes you can reserve in advance and even have your girls come dressed to the nines for a fancier effect! But if you’d rather do something more casual that’s also a fun option. The versatility of Brunch is always something fun to work with to make sure it caters to your needs.

Girls night in 

Nothing beats a good girls night in. The best part with this is that the options are quite literally limitless. You could have a pizza night where you make your own pizzas. A movie night where you can binge watch all the rom-coms Netflix has to offer or a themed cocktail night where you get to flesh out your creativity and also have a fun drink that comes with it. The attire for the night can also range from fancy dress, to costume to just pyjamas. A girls night in is always a fun option when you don’t feel like going out but you still wanna have a good time.

Get Creative!!!

There are so many activities you and your girlfriends can do that will help you tap into your artsy side. Whether it’s taking a pottery class or participating in a paint and sip.The best part is that whatever you make can also double as a unique present for each other. It’s always fun to try new things especially with your friend by your side.

Galentine’s Day is a fun way to shift a traditionally romantic holiday and turn it into something that celebrates the platonic relationships we have with other women. It is important that the girls in our lives feel valued and I think Galentine’s Day is a fun way to do that.

Happy Galentine’s!!!

Hey! My name's Temi! I'm a Law with media student at DCU. I'm a Nigerian-Irish writer and I've been writing since I was 10. I enjoy singing, crocheting and writing as well as watching a ton of video essays. I perform at open mics sometimes and I write my own poetry. I'm interested in Journalism and Media and I have written articles in the past and as of current.