This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

With sunny, longer days here, it’s the perfect time to start thinking of summer date ideas with bae. If you’re looking for some date ideas, there are an endless number of things you can do. 

While “grabbing a drink” may be a well known first-date activity, with the brighter, warmer weather and long evenings now, you may soon have many more creative options. 

I suggest treating the first date like any other fun event, but with someone new: no pressure, no expectations, and just a chance to connect with another person you are attracted to and have a bit of fun.  

So, yes, you can ‘grab drinks’, or you can take advantage of the summer weather and do something like hiking instead. 

If anything,  an “action date” is far more exciting and interesting than sitting at a table drinking in front of a stranger and sending questions and answers back and forth.  

First dates should be full of fun, not pressure. Below, you’ll find several summer first-date ideas, so when your date asks what you want to do, you can’t say you have no idea. 

1. Hitting the water 

Many companies offer great water sports around the country. But why not go Kayaking on The Liffey in Dublin? You can take in the beautiful architecture of Dublin City while having a romantic and fun adventure. 

1. Hit up Tayto Park 

Visiting some sort of amusement park is always great for a first date. Whether it’s Funtasia or Tayto Park, it’s always guaranteed to be great fun. Going on a roller coaster can bring you two closer when you get to that scary winding part, or riding the Ferris Wheel can be romantic, especially when you’re at the top.  

Playing games at the arcade can be fun, as well, and you can compete against each other to win a prize. All-in-all, it’s hard not to have a great time at an amusement park. 

1. Go Hiking 

Now that the weather is good, and evenings are longer, why not head out to Howth for the day? Grab some fish and chips, sit on the pier, and undertake the Howth Cliff walk.  

The cliff walk is full of amazing scenery and some great photo ops. You could even do it at dusk, you can include the sunset to make it that bit more romantic. 

1. Mini-Golf 

Why not head over to Dundrum and have fun playing some RainForest Mini-Golf? This is also a date activity that has ample opportunities for playful exchanges, both verbal and even some playful non-sexual touch.  

1. Go for a Picnic 

If you’re on a budget, why not pack a picnic and head into St. Stephens Green. Picnics are always a fun and creative for dates. Be creative with what you pack, and pick somewhere that you can people watch if you run out of things to say. 

There are plenty of summery first-date ideas you can do, either from the list above or a bigger variation. The most important thing, of course, is choosing a fun activity to do with your date that will serve its purpose — helping the two of you get to know each other better. 

Eimear is currently a Humanities Student in DCU, studying Music and Irish. You can usually find Eimear either binge-watching Gilmore Girls oe Ru-Pauls Drag Race. And if not..jamming out and fangirling over Musical Theatre. Eimear can be found daily sitting in the SU Offices on St.Patricks Campus or in Java drowning in coffee. Eimear mainly writes in the area of Relationships, Music and being ginger. Happy Reading xo