Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Fun And Cheap Valentine’s Activity Ideas For Every Couple

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Valentine’s Day can be a lot of fun but can become stressful and expensive! Here are a few fun, budget-friendly ideas for you and your date to try out this Valentine’s!

Photobooth Fun

Photobooths can be a great place to make a lasting memory. Take the opportunity to dress up and take advantage of any props available to capture some cute pics of you and your partner!

Picnic date

Your Valentine’s Day plans don’t need to be overly fancy. Pick up your favourite snacks and head to a local park for a picnic. Bring a blanket to keep warm and spend some time together relaxing, munching on your snacks and people-watching.

Make your own Pizza

Grab your favourite pizza toppings and brush up on your culinary skills! Spend some time together in the kitchen making each other pizzas, a simple and fun activity that is so tasty.

Catch a new film

Head to the cinema for a blockbuster, for action that will have you on the edge of your seat, a rom-com that may cause you to shed a tear or a comedy that will have you smiling from ear to ear. If you’re not too keen on the cinema and want some more alone time, try a drive-in cinema.

Cosy night-in

With all the pressure of Valentine’s, sometimes going out just feels overrated. Instead have a cosy night in, sit back and relax with that someone special, order in and watch a movie. To make it more romantic you could even build a cosy fort just for the two of you if you have extra pillows and blankets lying around!

Try out a new coffee spot

For all the coffee lovers, head to a new coffee spot you’ve been wanting to try. Valentine’s activities don’t always have to be dinner over candlelight! Don’t be afraid to try out a new place together!

Check out local museums and galleries

For anyone interested in art, and history or just loves the idea of strolling hand in hand, why not spend some time pondering new art or learning in a museum? Most galleries and museums offer free admission and give you all the time in the world to wander around at your leisure.

Gift swap

It can be difficult to find a Valentine’s gift for someone, along with knowing how much to spend. To solve this problem, consider a gift swap. Choose a budget and a time limit where you and your Valentine have to get each other a gift; it could be buying each other an outfit you think they would look great in, or maybe buying each other books you think they would love to read or anything you think they might like.

Artistic date

If you and your Valentine are artistic or want to let your creativity shine, give a painting date a go. Depending on how brave or artistic you both are, you could have a fun little painting date at home or maybe pick up some plain mugs and give them a paint, so that you and your Valentine can make each other personalised mugs.

Arcade competitions

Head to your local arcade, get a few tokens and strike up some friendly competition. All the games an arcade has to offer are a great chance to have a laugh and see your Valentine’s competitive side! You may even have a chance to win your Valentine a teddy bear!

Remember Valentine’s Day is a celebration of you, your Valentine and love! No matter what activities you get up to, have fun and enjoy each other’s company.

Hi! I am in my second year studying English and Philosophy. I love writing, poetry and reading. I also love to travel and explore new places.