Eye Shadow Palettes You Need in Your Life 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Eye shadow palettes are seriously good value for money… that is if you get the right palette. The perfect palette should contain a combination of soft, buttery and highly pigmented eye shadows that vary from mattes, satins and sparkles. Look for something that you know you will get the best use out of, something that helps you bring a nice soft daytime look to a dramatic, smoky eye for a night on the town.  

Whether you’re a beginner finding yourself and gradually learning about makeup, or someone who channels their inner beauty guru, these are the eye shadow palettes you need to invest in.  

1. Urban Decay Naked  

Urban Decay is famous for their collection of Naked palettes, and there is so many reasons why. The palette has a selection of twelve full-sized eye shadows that are of the highest of quality. The original is my favorite. The palette is a classic and every makeup lover’s must-have. The palette is suitable for all eye colors with a perfect range of matte and shimmers neutral shadows. While it can be classed as a more expensive palette, it’s worth your pennies because you will get every use from it! 

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills – Modern Renaissance   

This palette will have you drooling. The pink, velvet coated palette contains fourteen eye shadows with mattes and some shimmers. The colors are amazing, warm toned oranges and pinks with some earthy brown tones too. They blend like a dream on the skin which is perfect for quick daytime looks that will follow through to the night. The palette averages €40 which I think is a steal! 

1. SoSu (Suzanne Jackson) – Hot Fire 

Irish Blogger, Suzanne Jackson, has nailed it with her first eye shadow palette. This smoky eye shadow palette is a first for her makeup range and it contains twelve hot eye shadows. It contains eight highly pigmented matte shadows with four shimmering metallic colors that range from soft creams, warm browns to deep chocolate colors. The palette is just below €30 and it really is great value. Huge thumbs up to Sue for creating this gem! 

1. Morphe Eye shadow Palettes 

Morphe are renowned for their eye shadow palettes and their variation of colors. I specially didn’t pick just one to recommend because there is a palette of thirty-five colors to match everyone’s taste. If you prefer warmer toned eye shadows to compliment your blue eyes, opt for the 350 or 35F. For green and brown colored eyes, opt for a cool toned palette to enhance your eye color like the 35K. It is filled with cool toned browns, charcoal and beautiful silver colors. Each palette retails at €25.20, you cannot go wrong! 

We hope this gives you a craving to invest in some well-needed eye shadows for your makeup collection! If you find some eye shadow palette that you are drooling over, search some online reviews and YouTube videos to see if it’s worth your money! 

HAPPY MAKEUP SHOPPING! 

Communication Studies student. 20 years of age.
Journalism student in Dublin City University with a passion for creating, storytelling, styling and presenting.