This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Garnier SkinActive Pure Charcoal Tissue 

With skin enriching ingredients such as charcoal, black algae extract and hyaluronic acid. This mask reduces the appearance of pores, tightens the skin and targets oily to combination skin while also leaving your skin feeling hydrated and rejuvenated. For maximum results, I recommend massaging any excess product into your skin. 

Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser 

Charcoal was the most talked about beauty ingredient of 2018, and Biore’s charcoal cleanser definitely lives up to the hype. The cleanser purifies and detoxifies your skin by drawing out toxins, dirt and impurities from your pores while deeply cleansing the skin. Charcoal also removes excess oil from your skin which is excellent for people who suffer from oily to combination skin. 

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash  

Boots entire tea tree & witch hazel skincare range is worth trying but their Foaming wash, in particular, will be a great addition to your skincare routine. Tea tree oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which help to combat oily skin, reduce redness and prevent the outbreak of spots. While Witch Hazel is a natural antioxidant that calms irritated and sensitive skin without causing the skin to dry out, promoting a healthier and brighter looking complexion. 

Aloe Vera Gel 

Aloe Vera has been used for medicinal and skincare purposes for centuries but I honestly think its benefits have been overlooked in favour of more complex and expensive lotions, serums and oils. Aloe Vera contains an array of powerful skin protecting vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants which aid in promoting the generation of new skin cells, combatting acne and fighting signs of aging. For best results, I recommend rubbing it into your skin and leaving it overnight. 

Simple’s Micellar water 

Simple’s Micellar water is equipped with potent multi-vitamins and minerals that help remove all traces of makeup and dirt that build up throughout the day from your skin without using harmful chemicals. Ensuring your complexion appears unclogged, revitalized and hydrated. 

Pixi Glow Tonic 

If there was one skincare brand that kicked off in 2018, it was Pixi. You couldn’t log onto social media without at least one beauty blogger raving about their products. With their Glow Tonic, Pixi combined chemicals and minerals such as glycolic acid, Aloe Vera and Witch Hazel into a lightweight non-greasy formula that instantly brightens, exfoliates, tightens and tones your skin while gradually tackling issues such as acne, scarring and sun damage. The tonic is also enriched with horse chestnut, giving your skin a youthful and dewy complexion that will encourage you to leave the house without a highlighter. 

  

I’m currently a student at DCU studying Business International who loves all things Fashion and Beauty.
 21 Campus Correspondent for HC DCU  Love interviewing empowering people to give them the love and attention they deserve!