This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Cara Delevingne has spoken out against the owner of Coachella music festival, for his support of anti-LGBTQ organisations and his pro gun opinions.

Philip Anschutz owner of Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), has been accused of donating to multiple anti-LGBT hate groups.

The model and actress received backlash on social media for praising Beyoncé’s performance at the music festival at the weekend. Many were calling her hypocritical for speaking out against the festival but praising a performer at that festival.

The star took her Instagram to share her admiration of Beyonce’s performance, and asked her followers in an Instagram poll if they too cried with joy over Destiny’s Child reuniting during the performance.

“I am speechless,” Delevingne wrote. “That performance made me burst into tears and sent shivers down my spine. Especially the Destiny’s child reunion. ICONIC is an understatement. Thank you for inspiring so many and for lifting each other up.”

The 26-year-old then addressed the backlash on her Instagram story, and stated that she is allowed to praise Beyonce for being excellent, while still not attending and supporting the festival.

Delevingne started the hashtag #NoChella to express her anger about the owner.

DCU Journalism Student
Hey guys! I'm Megan and I'm from Ireland. I'm studying Journalism in Dublin City University.