Style > Beauty

Beauty Advent Calendars For Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

The Christmas countdown is well and truly upon us! But with exams and assignments lingering in our minds, it can be difficult to get into the holiday spirit.  What better way to lift your mood than by engaging in a little luxury. Gone are the days of counting down the festivities with little chocolates that disappear in a single bite, nowadays everything from lavish makeup to opulent skincare can be found behind advent calendar doors. We have rounded up some of our favourites.  

MAC Cosmetics Box of Tricks 

MAC’s limited edition advent calendar will be sure to get you excited for the holiday season. Containing over €400 worth of products, the box of tricks retails for just €155. Inside the beautiful keepsake case, you will find various cult classics such as matte lipsticks in the shades Velvet Teddy and Ruby-Woo along with the famous Fix + Plus Setting Spray. It can be purchased from Brown Thomas and Arnotts online and in-store. 

Clinique 24 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar 

Clinique has packed its calendar with 24 incredible makeup and skincare finds. Worth €259, you can get your hands on the calendar for only €98 from Brown Thomas. The box is bursting with luxurious skincare such as the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and the Moisture Surge Overnight Mask. The set also contains high-end makeup with products like Long-Wearing Mascara in Black Onyx and Quickliner in Intense Ebony for perfect smokey eyes.  

Bobbi Brown 12 Day Advent Calendar  

Bobbi Brown has released their first ever advent calendar for Christmas 2021. The gift set is bursting with best-selling makeup and skincare such as the iconic Shimmer Bricks and the ever so popular Smokey Eye Mascara. With the brand appealing to a wide age range, it is a perfect gift for any makeup lover. The calendar can be purchased directly from the Bobbi Brown website for €148.  

The Body Shop Share The Joy Advent Calendar 

The Body Shop has been leading the beauty advent calendar game for years, and this year it is no different. The 2021 calendar is chock full with 24 iconic minis. From the brand’s hydrating face masks to travel size body butters and of course their iconic lip balms, this set is the perfect pampering kit. With €116.25 worth of products, the calendar is available for only €85 from stauntons.ie.  

Benefit Cosmetics The More The Merrier Beauty Advent Calendar  

In a special edition keepsake box, this calendar contains 12 days worth of fan favourites and bestsellers. From the Hoola Bronzer to the Bad Gal Bang Mascara, this set will be sure to have you looking your very best for the holiday season. The calendar can be bought from Arnotts retailing at €63.  

These gorgeous gifts will have you eagerly counting down to the big day. Whether you want to invest in one as a form of self-care or give an early present to a deserving friend, they are sure to be enjoyed. They really are a perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit! 

- Chairperson of Her Campus DCU 23/24 - Editor in Chief & Campus Correspondent 22/23