jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Back to College Wardrobe staples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Its finally that time of year again, no not Christmas (although it is only 92 days away but who’s counting?) Say goodbye to Summer and hello to a whole new college year. Whether you’re a returning student or just beginning, I hope you are all as excited as I am. I don’t know about you, but packing for college is never easy and even dreadful at times. Therefore, I have created a list of items which I believe are essential to help you get through this college year.  

Okay first up we have the classic Denim Jacket. It can be oversized, fitted, cropped whatever you fancy really. It’s perfect for wearing to college or even throwing on over an outfit for a night out. Just make sure to invest in one of these bad boys as it will see you through your best and worst days. 

My next staple is technically two items but they both fall under footwear and I couldn’t choose between them. A pair of black boots or white trainers. Both do the job and are equally as comfy and practical as the other. Once again, they will see you transition from a normal college day to a busy night out. What more could you ask for in a pair of shoes? 

A Winter coat- as much as we would love to wear our denim jacket all year round, its probably not the most practical of things. Word of advice, find yourself a nice cosy jacket, that you won’t be embarrassed to see wearing every day for three months …  I’m already getting flashbacks to my mustard one from last year.  

Mom jeans. Personally, I feel like these are the best thing ever created, not to be dramatic. For someone who isn’t fond of wearing jeans but still feels like they need a pair in their wardrobe, get yourself a pair of these babies. They are supper comfy and flattering all at the same time… what is this sorcery? 

A Backpack- It may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised at the amount of people who turn up to lectures with just themselves. Also, for those who aren’t fortunate to live on campus, you’re going to need one for those long walks to and from college.  

A denim skirt- I feel like most of you will have one of these in your closet but if not, definitely invest in one. You can dress them up for those weekly college nights out or down with a cosy jumper, tights and boots. With all the different styles available now, you are sure to find one calling your name.  

Finally, my last college staple is the beauty that is a scarf. Can anyone actually survive without one? So go mad, grab your mams one, whip out the old tartan one from your childhood or splash out on a new one. The world is your oyster. 

That’s all for now, I hope you found these helpful and happy shopping everyone! 

You are capable of amazing things ✨
 21 Campus Correspondent for HC DCU  Love interviewing empowering people to give them the love and attention they deserve!