This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.
  • Catrice Cosmetics Light Correcting Serum Primer:

One of the best things about this product is that it’s cheap (in and around €5.00). It also reminds me of the MAC Strobe Cream too. It both primes for makeup and gives the skin a glow. Apply this before foundation and your foundation will last from the start of your college day to the end. It’s very student budget friendly and easy to carry in your makeup bag for all those commuting to college. I’m always in two minds as to whether or not some high-end brands are really worth the money when a high street product can fit the bill perfectly. 

•  A good foundation (Splash the cash here): 

This depends on the tone and texture of your skin. If you have dry or oily skin, make sure to get a foundation that is kind to your skin. MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation is €36.50 and good for anyone who has dry skin – it also gives good coverage. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF 15 at €32.00 is good for full coverage but isn’t good for dry skin so STAY AWAY from this product to help your skin. Estee Lauder Double Wear is €40.00. The good thing about this foundation is that if you touch your face a million times and then touch any papers or pages in your college books it won’t leave any foundation stains (the joys of this beauty must-have). Yes, these foundations are a bit steep but they will last you six to eight weeks, last all day and will give you full coverage. Invest in a good foundation and your life will be made a whole lot easier.  

•     Eyeshadows:

For all those commuters out there we certainly don’t have the room to bring our Alice in Wonderland or Morphe palettes, so it’s a good idea to invest in a small eyeshadow palette in which you can place individual eyeshadows. I recommend the MAC or Inglot eyeshadow by 4 palettes, where you can fit in a max of four eyeshadows. This way you have a quick and easy makeup look that’s handy in your makeup bag. 

•  The Bronzer:

My go-to favourite bronzer is the Benefit Hula bronzer. It’s such a nice finish that you can’t go wrong when applying it. A light natural bronze is all you need throughout the semester. When you want to go out-out (and I mean a trip to Dublin’s Coppers or Dicey’s) a heavier bronzer like MAC ‘Give me Sun’ is a good one for night-time wear. Again, these products are easy to carry. 

• The Lippy: 

Either splash the cash or be a super saver on this product, but a lipstick is always key in anyone’s beauty must-haves. It defines and certainly makes such a difference to your face, so always have a good lipstick you can count on in your kit. Most importantly, after your makeup is done, don’t forget the setting spray – oh my lord your face will thank you. After all those stressful hours in the library, your makeup will still be slaying! 

You fail only if you stop writing -Ray Bradbury I have previously written for Her Campus DCU, Kiss magazine and Campus.ie. Former College Life editor with Campus.ie. Latest article ‘Life as a budding NQT’ published with INOTE magazine. Available in the following link. http://www.inote.ie/images/Inote_2020_Mag_Final_30thNovember.pdf
 21 Campus Correspondent for HC DCU  Love interviewing empowering people to give them the love and attention they deserve!