This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

It seems chocolate advent calendars are becoming a thing of the past as our favourite beauty brands up their game on their Christmas collections each year.

Brands such as ASOS, Makeup Revolution and Charlotte Tilbury have compiled some of their most coveted products into advent calendars for this year, making them the perfect presents for your loved ones (or, you know, treat yourself).

Here is your guide to our festive favourites in the shops this year:

Glamour x Boots Premium Beauty Advent Calendar, €110

For the first time ever Glamour Magazine and Boots have collaborated to bring you the most dreamy advent calendar you’ll see on the shelves this year. From Fenty Beauty to Too Faced, you’ll find all of your favourites from this year and you’ll get your hands on the products you didn’t get to try. You’ll also see cult classics such as the Benefit “Hoola,” bronzer behind the doors of this gift. The entire collection has a value of €400, so you really can’t go wrong on this one.

Inglot 12 Beauty Wishes Advent Calendar, €59.95

Inglot has been a cult favourite of Irish bloggers and beauty fanatics for years. Famous for starting the careers of influencers such as Ellie Kelly and Aideen Kate Murphy, they have put their brand at the forefront of our minds when we are looking for some new products to try. This year they have created a calendar full of goodies such as their popular Freedom System eyeshadow and highlighters. If you haven’t tried their skincare range this would be the perfect set to dip into as it includes some of their moisturisers and micellar water. This is sure to be a sellout!

Charlotte Tilbury Glittering Galaxy of Makeup Magic Beauty Advent Calendar, €185

By far the most expensive advent calendar on the list, this one is worth talking (and bragging) about. Charlotte Tilbury is known for creating red carpet worthy glowing skin for the stars such as Gigi Hadid and Kate Moss. This set includes just 12 of her bestselling products but it delivers all of the luxury and quality that you would expect. You can look for products such as her mini Magic Cream which she claims can “cheat the appearance of 8 hours of sleep,” in dehydrated, dull skin. She has also included a mini of her “Wonderglow,” primer which you might have seen all over Instagram this year to give you that Hollywood glow from within. Whilst this set is indeed expensive, it is great value considering the price of the products individually. Plus, it will definitely score you points with your mam or grandmother if they spotted this under the tree.

This set is available in Brown Thomas and Arnotts. Arnotts, in particular, has a great range of gift sets to boast from all of your favourite brands such as Mac and Too Faced in various price points, so it’s definitely worth popping in. 

ASOS Face + Body Advent Calendar, €96.78

Home to some of the most well-known brands on the market such as Nars and Laura Mercier, ASOS didn’t disappoint this year when they were making this year’s advent calendar. Packed full of luxury makeup such as Clinique and Clarins, your skin and hair will thank you for treating it to the products in this collection. New brands such as Dr. Jart and Coco & Eve also feature in this beauty box so this is another great gift set if you are looking for some new brands or products to try.

It should also be noted that ASOS didn’t leave out the girls on a budget and have a range of advent calendars starting from €13.83 for both the men and women in your life, so you’ll find something to suit every budget on their site.

Revolution Advent Calendar, €60

Revolution put itself on the map when beauty bloggers found their Conceal & Define Concealer was almost an exact dupe of the cult favourite Tarte Shape Tape (only available in the US) and for just €4.99 in Superdrug. This year they have created the perfect advent calendar for those just starting to build their makeup collection. Featuring everything you need to create a full face including two eyeshadow palettes, brow gel, blush, bronzer, lipsticks and more this set would be the perfect gift for your little sister giving it her first go at contouring (supervision recommended). 

This set is also on sale at the moment for €36 on Beauty Bay and the revolution website, saving you even more money on your shopping list.

?Journalism student in DCU? Chairperson of Her Campus DCU
?A Wellness Gumdrop? Helping students BREAK bad habits, SMASH goals and live their BEST LIVES through all things health, manifestation and storytelling? ?CC/Editor in Chief at Dublin City University ?Spreading those goody good vibes with you DCU Global Business Student '20 aziamto.com ig: @azia_mery linkedin.com/in/azia