Top 5 Tasty Dessert Videos to Replicate in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

We’ve all been in this situation during a long lecture: your professor’s voice is slowly fading, the word document you have up to take notes with becomes minimized and replaced with your favorite websites, facebook is automatically logged in, and the first thing you see on your timeline is a delicious 30-second DIY cooking/baking video that thousands of people have shared. You watch one. Your stomach churns. You are hungry and your next meal at the college is not going to satisfy your taste buds.

“Tasty” videos have been making college students salivate during long lectures across the country. BuzzFeed has mastered the art of appealing to college-aged students: the clips are short for our decreased attention spans and appeal to our stress-induced cravings. These videos are taking over our timelines and our appetites, yet sadden many viewers because of the inability and lack of resources to replicate these masterpieces. 

When you first see the pictures of food on your timeline you may react like this:

However, after watching a Tasty Video you are bound to react more like this:

Coming up: The Top 5 Tasty videos that college students can replicate and the occasion that can go along with it:

#1: No-Bake Cookie Dough Chocolate Cups (perfect for the moment when you walk back into your dorm at 2 am after finishing a paper in the library feeling accomplished, tired, and most of all HUNGRY.) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRtIePejgfI

Pro to this recipe: makes 12 treats that don’t expire fast/ can eat them anytime and on the run.

Ingredients:

• 6 Tbsp. melted butter

• 1/2 cup light brown sugar

• 3 oz cream cheese

• 4 Tbsp. granulated sugar

• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

• 1/4 tsp. baking soda

• 1/4 tsp. salt

• 2 tsp. vanilla extract

• 3/4 mini chocolate chips

• 1 cup chocolate chips

What to do: mix all of the ingredients in a big bowl except for the 1 cup of chocolate chips. Roll into small balls. Line a cupcake pan with lining cups. Place the cookie dough balls in the cups. Microwave the chocolate chips until they are melted. Pour the melted chocolate over the cookie dough balls. Shake the cupcake tray to even the chocolate out. Chill the tray in the fridge for 30 minutes. 

#2: No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake (perfect for your roommate’s birthday, a celebration of any kind, or to eat while you watch Netflix on your futon).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdbYd0XdAjY

Pros: everybody likes nutella + cheesecake 

Ingredients:

• Crust: 24 Oreos + 1/3 cup melted butter

• Filling: 1 jar (13 oz. Nutella), 8 oz. cream cheese, 8 oz. whipped cream

• Toppings: Chocolate Shavings + Whipped Cream (of course) 

#3: ICE CREAM BREAD (perfect for any time because ice cream can be enjoyed anywhere, any season, any time of the day)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFhG4w8HkKI

Pros: IT IS ICE CREAM AND BREAD (you can not ask for much else)

also a pro: so few ingredients. 

one con: need an oven 

Ingredients:

• Bread: 1 Pint melted ice cream (any kind/flavor) + 1 1/4 cup self-rising flour

• Optional: 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles to make it like fun-fetti bread and 1/4 cup chocolate chips (because chocolate rocks)

#4: S’mores Nachos (perfect for the nacho lover who needs dessert while procrastinting homework and working out).

pros: very easy to bake. very few ingredients. 

Ingredients + How To:

• pile up graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows on foil or an oven safe dish. Bake at 300 degrees until golden brown ~20 mins.

#5: 4-Way Cake Pops (perfect for when a lollipop just is not going to cut it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBOXcbutHX0

pros: this video is beyond entertaining and suitable to all flavor-lovers.

Ingredients:

Birthday Cake Pops:

-Crumble a baked, 9 inch, funfetti cake.-Mix cake crumbs thoroughly with 1/2 cup vanilla frosting.-Take about 3 tbsp of cake mixture and roll into ball.-Place cake pop stick halfway inside ball and freeze for 30 min.-Dip cake pop into melted white chocolate and top with sprinkles!

Red Velvet Cake Pops-Crumble a baked, 9 inch red velvet cake.-Set aside about 1/3 cup of the cake crumbs for toppings.-Mix remaining cake crumbs thoroughly with 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting.-Take about 3 tbsp of cake mixture and roll into ball.-Place cake pop stick halfway inside ball and freeze for 30 min.-Dip cake pop into melted white chocolate and top with the leftover cake crumbs! 

Oreo Cake Pops:

-Crumble a baked, 9 inch chocolate cake.

-Mix cake crumbs thoroughly with 1/2 cup chocolate frosting.

-Take about 3 tbsp of cake mixture and roll into ball.

-Place cake pop stick halfway inside ball and freeze for 30 min.-Separate about 30 Oreos into the cookies and cream.-Crush Oreo cookies.-Microwave Oreo cream for about 30 seconds, until melted.-Dip cake pop into melted oreo cream and top with crushed Oreos!

Cookie Dough Cake Pops:

-Crumble a baked, 9 inch yellow cake.-Mix cake crumbs thoroughly with 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.-Take about 3 tbsp of cake mixture and roll into ball.-Place cake pop stick halfway inside ball and freeze for 30 min.-Dip cake pop into melted milk chocolate and enjoy!

There are many desserts on Tasty’s Facebook page, but these are must bakes. 

Get going dessert lovers <3

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

Lo Donato

Davidson

A(lo)ha I'm Lo. (Lo)ver of life, books, fitness, llamas, and all things sugary. In the words of Coco Chanel, I like to keep my "head, heels, and standards high." Peep me eating crunchy peanut butter out of the jar.