Top 15 Ways to Eat Peanut Butter

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

There is one essential ingredient to every college dorm room. It comforts you when you’re feeling down, it satisfies what your heart is craving, and can come with you wherever you go (especially in desperate times during finals week). It’s inexpensive, abundant in stores everywhere, and comes in a variety of styles and flavors. Peanut butter makes every college dorm room feel like home. 

OF COURSE, we’ve all heard of the PB&J sandwich…but the good news is there’s tons of creative and fun ways to utilize this dorm room essential. Whether you’re trying to comfort the soul during rough times, resist unhealthy cravings with a healthier alternative, or just embrace your love for peanut butter, there’s a way to use it out there somewhere.

1. Apple nachos

I get it. You’re trying to be healthy. But you’re getting bored. These apple nachos will almost hit that Chipotle-craving section of your soul. 

How to:

Slice your favorite apples + drizzle peanut butter + add chocolate chips + add nuts if you’re feeling adventurous…maybe some caramel sauce/shredded coconut…& share. 

2. “The Spooner” or “The Big Dipper”

For our true peanut butter lovers out there, one of the all time best ways to eat this delicious creation is straight out of the jar. It suits all occasions, ranging from cramming for mid terms and dance partying in your room. 

3. Peanut butter banana smoothie

Perfect for on-the-go sipping or a late sunny afternoon pick me up. 

How to:

Mix 2 bananas, 2 cups milk, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 cups of ice in a blender.

4. PB&J skewers with mixed fruit

Have you ever tried to make PB&J look gourmet? Well look no further. 

Here’s how to do it. 

5. Apple peanut butter bagels

Did I say bagel?? YES I DID. Satisfy the bagel-craving portion of your heart with this healthier option.

Make it here.

6. Peanut butter chocolate banana popsicles

These are the perfect snack for when you’re craving something cold and sweet. Who doesn’t love popsicles on a joyful spring-term day?

How to:

Popsicles: 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, 3/4 cup milk, 2 tablespoons peanut butter.  Magic Shell Coating: 3/4 cup chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons coconut oil.  Toppings: 1 banana, 1/2 cup chopped peanuts.

7. Banana quinoa snack balls

For all my quinoa-loving souls out there, these snack balls are nutritious, filling, and almost resemble a Godiva truffle-like texture. MMMmmMMmmm

Find the recipe here.

8. Peanut butter apple dip

Are you sick of just eating apples alone, or merely dipping them in some peanut butter? Are you bored with your fruit, and reaching for the chocolate instead? Well it’s time to spice up your routine! Try this dip next time you’re munching on some apple slices. 

Here’s how! 

9. Chocolate covered peanut butter pretzel bite

Salty + sweet + savory…WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO WANT IN ONE BITE? Perfect for any occasion, especially finger foods at an event. 

Find the recipe here.

10. Low fat chocolate chip peanut butter dip

Tastes like cookie dough peanut butter frosting, just without the guilt of eating dessert! You can use this dip to compliment a variety of things such as fruits, pretzels, crackers, or you can just SPOON IT LIKE A CHAMP. 

Find the recipe here.

11. Frozen chocolate-dipped peanut butter banana bite

These are perfect to keep in the fridge for when you need a pick me up. You can grab one on the go or sit and eat all of them in a sitting. Guilt free and delicious, no matter what. 

Find the recipe here.

12. Oatmeal peanut butter banana pancakes (add chocolate to spice it up)

Spice up your Sunday brunch with these perfectly balanced pancakes….dessert for breakfast anyone? Or keep it clean without the chocolate chips. Your stomach will thank you later. 

Find the recipe here.

13. Peanut butter pie

If you love dessert and peanut butter, this pie is for you. If this doesn’t make you salivate, I am not sure what will. 

Make it here.

14. Avocado chocolate peanut butter smoothie

Talk about superfoods! Avocados have an insane amount of health benefits, and there is no heart that chocolate cannot mend (okay, maybe a few?)…Anyways, this smoothie can be a filling breakfast, post-workout re-fuel, or even a dessert.

Find the recipe here.

15. Reese’s peanut butter cupcakes

If the pie didn’t cut it for your taste buds, this final dessert most certainly will. Surprises are always fun, especially when they’re in the center. 

Find the recipe here.

So feed your soul some love, grab your peanut butter, and make your taste buds love you.

If your friends get concerned about your peanut butter obsession, don’t worry…they’ll succumb to the dark side once they try one of these recipes. 

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

Lo Donato

Davidson

A(lo)ha I'm Lo. (Lo)ver of life, books, fitness, llamas, and all things sugary. In the words of Coco Chanel, I like to keep my "head, heels, and standards high." Peep me eating crunchy peanut butter out of the jar.