Things You Need for a Bomb Photoshoot – A First Look at Our Her Campus Survival Kit

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

In order to have a cute photo shoot, you need a lot of preparation. Well, I am not Victoria Secret model who has a whole team of professionals to make sure I look good. Because of that, here are a few products that I use to help me to get ready for my photoshoot session. 

1. A Face Mask

Let me be clear – I didn’t actually bring a face mask to my photo shoot, I put it on before I went to sleep! I have to say, the morning of my photo shoot, I woke up and I felt fresh. I touched my skin and it was so smooth. Before applying make-up, I recommend cleaning your face with a good face cleanser and prepping your skin with a nice face mask the night before. By the morning of our photo shoot, our skin will be so smooth, perfect for a close-up! 

This clay mask by Freeman Beauty is designed for oily skin. The ingredients in the face mask help to absorb all the oil and purify pores, while the cucumber helps to smoothen the skin. With the purpose of purifying pores and renewing dead skins, this face mask is perfect for me since I have very oily skin and big pores. 

Product rating: 8/10

2. Self-Tanning Towelettes

Let me be clear again. I didn’t bring self-tanner to my photo shoot. I need to use self-tanning towelettes the night before to give my legs a nice bronze glow. Unfortunately, this self-tanning product doesn’t have a yellowish undertone. It only works for those who have light and fair complexion. As a result, this product doesn’t work well for me, as well as other women of color who have darker skin tones.

Another problem that I have with this product is it takes a very long time for the result to show up. As a result, you have only one shot to apply the product evenly. I applied the product before I went to sleep. The morning I wake up, my leg has different colors. It probably takes about 5 to 6 hours to show the color. Also, please remember to put on gloves before you apply the product with your hands. I didn’t use gloves and as result, my hands turn to orange. Therefore, I would love to see L’Oréal to develop a tanning towelette that works for all women instead only work for women who have lighter skinned tones. 

Product rating: 4/10

3. Mini Hairspray 

I need my curls to stay put for my photo shoot, so I brought this Bed Head hairspray. Surprisingly, this hairspray does a good job of keeping my curls intact! I have a problem with the smell, but I got used to it after a while. The size is small so I can even keep it in my purse!

Product rating: 8/10

4. Sparling water 

So if I am going to stand in the sun for hours, I need something to keep me hydrated. This sparkling water by Spindrift would be perfect for me, I thought. However, I am not a fan of this since I don’t like flavored water. However, if you want to try something new, then you should definitely try these! 

Product rating: 2/10 

5. Candy 

I love to eat. Everybody knows. But since I need the illusion of an hourglass body, I’ll need just a little snack to keep me from getting too hungry. 

Thanks to these Hi-Chew fruit candies. I can still stand up and post pictures

Product rating: 7/10 

6. A planner 

You need a planner in any life situation, not just a photo shoot. With this cute planner, I can be more organized and mindful about my upcoming appointments, deadlines, and tasks. 

The new Erin Condren life planner is what I need in my life. Since pink and flowers are my favorite thing, this planner is not only a cute accessory but also a school essential for me. 

Product rating: 10/10

8. Sunglasses

If you are going to take pictures in the sun, you need a pair of sunglasses. You don’t want those scary UV lights to get in your eyes, don’t ya?

This pair of sunglasses from Aeropostale are edgy and at the same time, simple but elegant. However, this pair of sunglasses weren’t the best shape for me as someone who has a very rounded face. It only works for women who have a more narrow face.

As a result, I gave them to my friends Saidah. She definitely loves them. They look perfect on her.

Product rating: 7/10

Thank you to our amazing sponsors. Please follow Her Campus Davidson on Facebook and Instagram for some amazing giveaways coming soon! 

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Monday at 8 p.m. in Chambers 1003.

Hello, my name is Uyen Nguyen. I am the Features Editor of Her Campus at Davidson College.