This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

If you have an internship or job in the Davidson area this summer, congrats!

Read on to hear about why you should be excited to spend the next few months on campus.

1. Concerts on the Green

Grab a blanket and if you want a picnic dinner, these concerts in front of the library are the perfect way to end a summer day!  Check out the schedule to see the different bands playing throughout the summer.   

2. Lake Campus

Whether you want to take the paddle boards out for a spin or just relax lake side, on those hot summer days lake campus is a nice getaway!

3. Charlotte

There is a great concert scene in Charlotte and plenty of other fun things to do, like going to see the Charlotte Knights, the city’s minor league baseball team.  You might even have friends who will be in Charlotte already that can join you!

4. Davidson Farmers Market

Every Saturday the Davidson Farmer’s Market is right behind Summit.  Even if you have been during the school year, definitely check it out over the summer. There are more vendors (and more dogs)!

5. An Empty Campus

Definitely an understated perk, but getting to live on campus outside of the school year means that you are experiencing a pretty empty campus.  It is actually really peaceful and can give you a new perspective. I ended up appreciating the school and town even more!

6. Summit Trivia

Just because the school year is over doesn’t mean your weekly trivia addiction needs to be!  Get together a crew from work or a group of friends who are on campus and head over to Summit on Main St., every Monday at 7:30.

7. Meeting new people

Being on campus over the summer means meeting and working with other students you might not meet otherwise!

8. Weekend road trips or day trips

All those road trips or day trips you have wanted to do while you are in NC, here is your chance!  Take advantage of the weekend and go explore. Check out some of our past articles (links below) for inspiration!

Asheville, Raleigh, Day Trips from Davidson

See you on campus this summer ladies!

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.