The REDsilient Nine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

This semester has been an amazing challenge that we, the REDsilient Nine, are so thankful to Shuyu, Adrienne, our advisors, and the YM Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. for providing us. As the new members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, we are excited to do the work of Delta on the campus of Davidson College. Our sisterhood is best embodied by the quote, “Invest in the human spirit. Who knows, it may be a diamond in the rough.” –Alice Dunbar-Nelson, Honorary Member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.

Dominique Samuels

ACE (#1) – ACEfrocentric

Trenton, New Jersey

Africana Studies Major

Karaz Axam

DEUCE (#2) – DiSTinct Twist

Atlanta, Georgia

Communication Studies Major

Tiffany Ruan

TRE (#3) – P3rtinacious

Chicago, Illinois

Chemistry Major 

Jada Wiggleton-Little

QUAD (#4) – Clari4cation

Charlotte, North Carolina

Philosophy Major 

Melissa Hayban

FIVE (#5) – inDeSTructible

Trenton, New Jersey

Biology Major

Shauna Pointer

SIX (#6) – Tranquil Force

Portland, Oregon

Sociology Major

Brianna Green

SEVEN (#7) – The Editor

Greensboro, North Carolina

Political Science Major

Franzia Martin

EIGHT (#8) – ELUCID8

Princeton, New Jersey

Biology Major

Dara Ferguson

TAIL (#9) – UncensoRED Justice

Queens, New York

Africana Studies and Political Science Major

Together we form a dynamically strong sisterhood because our personalities and passions vary greatly, but the goal for sisterhood, scholarship, and service rings true in everyone of us. We are especially excited to welcome the fellowship of Greek Unity here and around the community. Davidson College now has a total of 52 members in the NPHC community, ready to uplift each other and the community. 

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.