Style > Beauty

Must-Have Make-Up Products for 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

I love makeup, perhaps, a little too much. However, like Patrick Starr, a famous beauty guru said: “Makeup is one size fits all.” Makeup is for everyone despite his or her gender, race, ethnicity, and belief. If you have been a little bit down lately and anxiety has hit you like a thunderstorm, I recommend you to take a pause. Do the things that you love.  Find the day to appreciate yourself and buy one thing that you make happy. 

These are the few makeup products that you should treat yourself!!! 

Huda Beauty: Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette

Price: $65

Just let ya know, these colors will make your eyes popping as well as make people pay attention to the eyes as the window of your soul.

Fenty Beauty: Trophy Wife highlighter 

Price: $34

This highlighter will turn your unique and beautiful complexion into gold. Also, it looks flawless on any skin tone. If you think this is too much for you, as yourself: Are you enough? 

ColourPop: Supernova Shadow

Price: $7

This liquid eyeshadow is perfect for makeup beginner. Just apply it all over your eyelid, then blend it. Keep it natural and shining baby! 2018 is the year for glitter girl!!!

ColourPop: IN-NUDE-ENDO Highlighter Palette

Price: $18

Girl, your future is bright so don your cheekbone. 

WetnWild: MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Price: $4.99

Ya, these matte lipsticks are the nicest thing that ever happened to me during my visit to CVS. The color is super vibrant. The quality is amazing. The price is too good to be true. These lipsticks can last for the whole day. This is a must-have. 

MAC: Patrick Starr’s Setting Powder

Price: $34 

With this setting powder, you will look like a snack. Also, since this is a translucent setting powder, it works for every skin tone. This is a must-have for those who have oily skin, including me. 

I love makeup. I wear makeup not because I am not confident in myself. When I put my makeup on, I can explore my creative and crazy side. When I spend a little time on myself in preparation for the day, I feel like I can conquer the world. 

Just remember: you are beautiful and smart and nothing can stop from achieving your dreams. 

Hello, my name is Uyen Nguyen. I am the Features Editor of Her Campus at Davidson College.