It’s Time to Use Up Your Dining Dollars: A How-To Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

It’s getting to be that time of year: with only three weeks left until exams are over, some lucky people are spending their dining dollars left and right before they expire at the end of the semester. If you’re overflowing in CatCard wealth, you may have some trouble spending down your balance. But fear not: there are hundreds of students like me with exhausted dining dollar supplies who are ready and willing to take some off your hands. If you’re looking for more ways to spend your wealth, check out the tips below to see how you and your buddies can enjoy the fruits of your prepaid meal money.

1. Buy out the cafe’s supply of gum. It will last you forever and get your balance closer to zero.

2. Give it to your friends on the track team who are always hungry. Or give it to any athlete, for that matter.

3. Find an injured student and offer to buy them the meal of their choice for a ride on their golf cart.

4. Stock up on chocolate-covered pretzels, like my dear friend Megan who bought $30 worth of Flipz in one trip to Union Station.

5. Looking for a way to casually hang out with that guy or gal you’ve had your eye on? Buy them a quesadilla and kill two birds with one stone.

6. Prepare yourself for doomsday and load up on all of the non-perishable food items conveniently found in Union Station.

7. Buy up a ton of cereal cups and instant mac-n-cheese and donate the lot to the local food bank.

8. Throw an impromptu study break for your hall and bring some overpriced chips and salsa with you.

If these tips don’t cut it for you, just go buy sweet potato fries for the entire Union. That should do the trick.