How To Make Your White Sneakers Look Like You’ve Never Worn Them Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Before and after

White converse shoes can be great… until they’re not white anymore and you become embarrassed to wear them anywhere but down the hill. Through trial and error, I came up with a method to make your shoes look like new again. 

Step 1: Pre-wash

Here, you’re just using warm water to rinse off any surface stains that aren’t as set in. Your shoes will look much dirtier after this, because the water makes them darker (keep in mind this will happen with almost every step of the process so always wait until your shoes are dry before deciding how clean they are!)

Step 2: Wash

Wash your shoes on cold (I used the “brights” option) with nothing else in the machine besides a light-colored towel and a generous pour of laundry detergent. I repeated this step twice because my shoes were so nasty. 

Step 3: Scrub

For this step, you’ll mix some detergent with baking soda until it forms a paste. Then, use a toothbrush or sponge to scrub the paste all over your shoes. Don’t be afraid to work up a sweat with this, you wanna use some elbow grease. 

Step 4: Final Wash

Now, just repeat step two to remove the baking soda mixture, let your shoes dry in the sun, and voila! 

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Mondays at 8 p.m. in Chambers 1003.