HoDC: Humans of Davidson College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

HoDC: Humans of Davidson College is a series by Her Campus Davidson that profiles members of the community to learn more about their stories.

“There is much less to get used to coming back as a sophomore–“

“–but there’s less time to get used to it too. You don’t have the orientation week. I literally got back from Jordan on Sunday and I was like, well, classes Monday.”

“It feels more normal; it feels like less of a big deal, which it is. And both of those things are true. Not that I really expected anything different; it’s just nice. I’ve definitely had just a really fabulous week so far.”

“A lot of people have been asking [if it makes me reflect back on my first year], and so I have kind of had to reflect. I think one of the big things that’s different this year, for me, is that I actually have a roommate because they didn’t give me one last year. Which is not something I wanted. I thought I could live with it, it was going to be okay, but it didn’t turn out well. Let’s just say it was a little bit lonely and every first-year should have a roommate even–I’m sorry people who had bad roommates–you just should have one. So it’s nice to finally have one. I feel more connected, definitely.”

“We really get each other design wise and space is very important to both of us. And this is something I knew going in, but we just work well together in terms of putting together a room that is pleasing to both of us. And it’s been really fun and we are still kind of working on it.”

“I guess it hasn’t been as big of a deal–like it has been, but I don’t know. Cause, I don’t have a sister, I haven’t shared a room with someone in many, many years, so I thought it was going to be more of a change. And it’s fine. I mean, I like it. I’ll do it again.”

“Well, she’s the heaviest sleeper in the world. I moved the fridge, my desk, dropped the microwave . . . “

” . . . and apparently I talk in my sleep, like pretty often.” 

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.