Davidson Study Break: Get Your Butt Over to PopBar Charlotte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

We’re in the final stretch before finals, and I’ve already overheard countless people talking about where and what they’re going to do for the inevitable study breaks that’ll be happening these next few weeks. Lucky for us Davidsonians, the perfect study break stop just opened up their doors in Charlotte. 

Enter PopBar, your friendly neighborhood popsicle stand.

Originally from NYC, PopBar has spread across the world within the past few years. Their latest store opened this past December in NoDa, a neighborhood mostly known for Amélie’s French Bakery. Starting now, people can satisfy their croissant, AND frozen dessert cravings, all in one day! 

Depending on what your mood is, you can either try a PopGelato bar, PopSorberto, or one of their lighter YogurtPops. Some of their more drool-worthy flavors include green tea, pumpkin pie, blood orange, kiwi, and chocolate dipped peanut butter! Heck yeah. 

Seriously, how good do these look? I already convinced my Big that we’re going to become regulars over the summer! And did I mention you can top your pop off with either milk, dark, or white chocolate, and add a variety of other toppings? It’s popsicle heaven. 

I’ll see you guys there with a textbook in one hand and a peanut butter PopGelato in the other. 

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8 p.m. in the Morcott Room.

Claire Biggerstaff is a senior at Davidson College where she's pursuing a major in English. Since her sophomore year, she's been heavily involved with Her Campus and has written for her school's chapter, interned with Her Campus Media, and eventually became the Editor in Chief of her home chapter. Her work as also appeared on publications like Babe.net and The Odyssey. When she's not researching news stories or holding editing workshops with her writers, you can find her enjoying an episode of The X-Files and thinking about how much she loves autumn.