Campus Profile: Will Naso

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

I got to know Will last summer when we were both July Experience counselors on campus.  This year as a member of the Union Board he has worked incredibly hard to showcase the wide variety of student performers at Davidson and also put on new events like the Lip Sync Battle that everyone is welcome to participate in.  Read on to learn more about Will!

Name: Will Naso

Hometown: Florence, South Carolina

Class: 2018

Major: CIS-Public Health

Campus Activities: Union Board (Student Performers chair), Crew, works at Nummit

Will with the rest of the crew team

Current Go-To Song: “Crazy in Love” by Sofia Karlburg.  “I recently discovered the 50 Shades of Grey album and it is incredible.”

Celeb Crush: Neil Patrick Harris

Spirit Person: Zach Braff

Hogwarts house: Slytherin

Any Davidson bucket list items you need to check off before you graduate: “Break into the bomb shelter…am I allowed to say that?”

Currently binge watching: House 

Summit Drink of Choice: “It’s not on the menu but the Redeye.  It’s black coffee with two shots of espresso, and I will occasionally put a splash of skim milk in it.”

If you could ask God one question what would it be?

“What was your favorite dinosaur?”

On being the Union Board Student Performers Chair

His love of music, but lack of musical talent, drew him to a role where he could support student performers.  One of the things he wanted to do as chair was expand the offerings for student performers, beyond the weekly Live Thursdays, which he says are great for getting people on stage who have never had the chance to work in a professional atmosphere before.  He then worked with already established groups to build a show that they wanted. 

“I tried to expand the definition of what a student performer is.”

Hopefully Will started a new Davidson tradition!

Will describes the Lip Sync Battle as his favorite, but most challenging, event.

When I asked him how he got President Quillen to judge the show he casually responded that he just emailed her executive assistant to see if CQ was free, and she was, so it was as simple as that!

Will with his sister Caroline, a current senior at Davidson

More Fun Facts!

• He is a “Cochyliotarian”, a word he recently made up, it means he eats shellfish but no other meat.  He has been a vegetarian since birth!
  • Next semester he is going to Edinburgh next semester to study abroad.
  • He didn’t mention this in the interview (#humble) but he just won the C. Shaw Smith award, which “recognizes an individual for their contributions and ability to build community through volunteer service with the College Union.”  Congrats Will!

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.