Campus Profile: Louis Evans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

I have the pleasure of knowing Louis Evans not only as Davidson’s resident New Zealander, but also as a classmate in calculus, fellow freshman, and friend. You can see Louis eating salad in Commons when he isn’t out on the soccer field or at practice with his “mates.” Keep reading to learn more about Louis and the Davidson men’s soccer team.

Name: Louis Evans (pronounced Louie, not Louis)

Hometown: Christchurch, New Zealand

Class: 2020

Major: Undecided

Campus Activities: Soccer (also called “football” for the New Zealanders), International Student

**Look for Louis in the top left**

Favorite Song: “Waves” by Kanye West

Favorite Color: blue

Favorite Professional Soccer Team: Chelsea

Celebrity Crush: Zac Efron

Fun Facts: “Yah, I’m from New Zealand, is that a fun fact?”

What state would you like to visit? Hawaii (“Is it a state?”)…or Canada

Dream Job: soccer player

Favorite Emoji: monkey with the hands on the sides of its face because he “likes monkeys.”

Like most young men, and especially other athletes, Louis loves food. So, I had to ask him about his eating habits on campus. Louis loves Commons–his favorite meal (and only meal I’ve ever seen him eat) is a salad. Fun fact: Louis has not gone to the dessert bar the entire time he has been at Davidson, and he hopes to keep it this way in order to stay fit and in tip-top shape for soccer. Although he does love his salads, he has been known to indulge in the American fast food scene.

I asked Louis what his favorite thing about America is. His response: “There are so many things. The Chipotle?”

And although he loves Davidson, Chipotle, and America, he misses the sheep and his siblings (Oscar and Isabella) in New Zealand.

Louis decided to come to Davidson mainly because of the school’s reputation, the opportunities that came from soccer, and the team. Louis may currently be injured and unable to play soccer, but that hasn’t stopped him from having “great fun” with his teammates. Louis is number 17 and plays center back. On the soccer team, he describes the guys’ relationship as a “brotherhood–we are very tight, if you know what I mean.” And although he says that it is “actually called football,” he still sees soccer at Davidson (and in general) as a way of life and a passion. 

Come out to the Cat’s next home game at Alumni Soccer Stadium to support Louis (when he recovers from his injury) and the rest of the team!

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.