Campus Cutie: Mary Rood Cunningham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

If you haven’t had at least one delightful conversation with this week’s Campus Cutie, it’s quite possible that you’ve been living under a rock. But this beautiful social butterfly is more than just her looks! She’s also the kindest, funniest, and fiercest friend that anyone could ever have. Her constant efforts keep this school running so smoothly that without her, Davidson just might fall apart. She’s got connections with some very powerful people associated with campus, so she’d make a dangerous enemy. Lucky for you, she’s a good minion. Give it up for the one, the only– Mary Rood Cunningham!

Name: Mary Rood Cunningham

Year: Sophomore

Age: 19

Major: History

Zodiac Sign: Aries

Hometown: Davidson, North Carolina (wild!)

Relationship Status: Taken (by a firey redhead)

Favorite TV show: Parks and Recreation

Favorite mythical creature: My high school mascot was the dragon, so I guess dragons.

Favorite pair of shoes: Converse

Favorite color and shade of that color: I really like pink but my mom doesn’t let me buy pink things, so I buy teal and now teal is my favorite color.

Favorite villain: Loki. He’s so misunderstood.

Favorite freshman hall: First Rich best Rich!

Favorite vegetable: Broccli, but I only like the tops.

Favorite social media platform: Instagram

Favorite Davidson lawyer: John Cunningham

Favorite cereal: Lucky Charms

Dream job: Ice cream taster

Guilty pleasure: Hannah Montana songs and Pretty Little Liars

Theme party idea: Dress up as your favorite historical figure!

Nicknames: Mroody, Roo, and Mroodle. Those are the nice ones.

Most embarassing moments at Davidson: I slept through my first MWF class AND my first TR class (great way to start off Freshman year, Mroodle!)

Sprit cartoon character? Minions!

If you could be in a fraternity, which do you think you would be in? Phi Delt.

What’s your favorite part about going to college where you grew up? I’m really close with my family so it means I can go home whenever I want to. Also I know the lay of the land. And it’s nice to walk around town and see people I know! But I’m still secluded enough in the Davidson college bubble so I don’t actually go home all that often.

What’s your party trick? I’m really loud, and I can touch my toes. I used to be able to do a split but I haven’t tried it in a while. Stay tuned!

Advice for freshmen? Set your alarm and dance on tables.

Fun fact about yourself? I tried all the cookout flavors in one milkshake. Surprisingly it was not too bad!

Who do you want to give a shoutout to? My mom! I told her I was Campus Cutie and she said “you’ve always been my cutie!”

We have to agree with you, Mrs. Cunningham. Next time you’re in the m(r)ood to have a good time, share a hearty laugh, or just have an in-depth philosophical discussion about minions, you know who to call!

Sophie comes from Atlanta, Georgia, and now attends Davidson College in the big city of Davidson, North Carolina. She dabbled in professional beat boxing, but ultimately decided she did not want to completely dominate the industry and ruin the careers of all aspiring beat boxers. Sophie likes reading, writing, and things that are free.