This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Name: Joseph Benzing

Hometown: Virginia Beach, VA

Relationship Status: Single

Year: Class of 2018

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio

Age: 18

Activities: Football

Welcome back, little lambs. Sadly, most of our past Campus Cuties have gone to pasture, but that leaves us a new batch of Cuties to pick from. This week’s lucky guy had no idea what a Campus Cutie was (why isn’t this included in DAV101?), but was pretty excited to be chosen as one.  Joe is laid-back to the point of seeming shy. He loves the outdoors, particularly the water, and like most first-years, he is/was considering being pre-med. After finding Joe on the football roster and looking through various forms of social media, we were ready to get to know Her Campus Davidson’s first cutie of the semester.

Favorite TV show: That 70’s Show

What he’s singing in the shower: “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” by the Temptations

Top 3 artists on your playlist: Dispatch, GROUPLOVE, Lynyrd Skynyrd

Celebrity Crush: Alana Blanchard (pro-surfer/ bikini model/goddess)

~* whatever, Blue Crush is so 2003~*

What he misses most about home: The beach, hands down.

Dream Job: Something near the water, something relaxing like working at a surf shop. But that’s not realistic for supporting a family.

~* jk, surfs up~*

Things he’s learned in his first two weeks on campus: Sleep is more valuable than anything. Also, proper hydration is important for various reasons.

First-Year Bucket List: Don’t get written up.

His pre-football game rituals: I pray by my locker. I always put on my right sock first. I also put my jersey on after I put my pads on, which most people don’t do, and I have to get someone to help me.

What he looks for in a girl: Just someone who I could be myself around and be able to just joke around with.

Go-to pickup line: I’m too nervous to use a pickup line. You only get one chance at a first impression. “Hi” is usually a good one.

Quote to live by: “Life’s a garden. Dig it”- Joe Dirt.

Ladies, you now have an extra reason to go football games.

"Its all coming back to me now"- Celine Dion