freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Better Than “I Love You To The Moon and Back”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

I’m not a fan of clichés. Sure, they can be fun and cute and make me smile at times. However, if my boyfriend tells me that he “loves me to the moon and back”, I giggle from the corny-ness of the phrase. It has sentiment and I understand the meaning behind it, but one day I got to thinking “there must be things that are further away from the earth than the moon.” Can’t we do better than saying “I love you to the moon and back?” And I’m here to say that we can! Although these phrases may not roll off the tongue as nicely as “I love you to the moon and back,” I think they still get the point across:

1. “I love you to the moon and back and to the moon and back a second time!”

That’s 955600 miles of love

2. “I love you to the sun and back even though I would probably die from the heat of the sun once I get there”

93 million miles just to get burned alive by a flaming ball of gas? I think that is a great way to show your commitment to someone.

3. “I love you around the earth 19.2 times”

You could go to the moon and back or you could travel around the world’s equator 19.2 times in an effort to prove your unwavering love to your significant other.

4. “I love you so much that I would drive all of Route 66 195 times”

I don’t know about you, but I think that there is no better way to show your feelings to someone than driving cross-country 195 times.

5. “I love you to Pluto and back (even if it would take me 9 and ½ years to get there)”

Pluto is 4.67 BILLION (that’s right Billion with a B) miles away from earth so it’s really just a quick 19-year trip. #easy

6. “I love you to the next galaxy”

The next closest galaxy is Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy, a mere 70,000 light years away!

7. “I love you 86.87 trips along the Great Wall of China”

Since you can see the Great Wall from space, it is only fitting that you walk the entire route 86.87 times to demonstrate how much you love your partner.

Don’t be afraid to give these fun and flirty phrases a try the next time you decide to profess your love to a boyfriend/girlfriend/friend/loved one/pet/etc.!

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8 p.m. in the Morcott Room.