Being a College Woman, as Modeled by Dean Winchester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

1. Feeling so fly when you decide to wear something other than yoga pants and a hoodie to class.

2. Responding appropriately to “You look so tired!” after a long week of exams, papers, and God knows what else. 

3.  Reacting to a drunk guy’s comments at a party. 

4. Anytime a text from your best friend reads, “Cook Out run?”

5. Forgetting you left your paper in your dorm after sitting down in class (or forgetting to actually write your paper). It happens. 

6. Going for that Kylie Jenner overlined lip look for semi-formal, and it doesn’t quite work out as well as you hoped. 

7. Shoveling in your lunch because you only have 15 mins before British Lit. 

8. Conspiring with your hallmates on how to deal with a jerk. 

9. Walking into a frat party, and walking right back out. 

10. Going about your day in general…

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room. 

Claire Biggerstaff is a senior at Davidson College where she's pursuing a major in English. Since her sophomore year, she's been heavily involved with Her Campus and has written for her school's chapter, interned with Her Campus Media, and eventually became the Editor in Chief of her home chapter. Her work as also appeared on publications like Babe.net and The Odyssey. When she's not researching news stories or holding editing workshops with her writers, you can find her enjoying an episode of The X-Files and thinking about how much she loves autumn.