April Horoscopes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Ah, April. The birds are singing, the showers are falling, and the bugs are crawling all over your hair. Some things, like inchworms, Frolics, and finals, are unavoidable. But otherwise, the future of your life is unknown. That is, until now. 

Aries: March 21 – April 19

Like a typical fire-child, you’ve always considered yourself a creative type. If your portfolio is any sort of indicator, you certainly have the potential to shake the earth and move mountains with your work. So what’s holding you back? Pull out your swollen note filled with ~inspiring~ ideas, grab a pencil, pen, paintbrush, keyboard, rehearsal room, cooler, or instrument, and get to making. Venus, the planet of artsy stuff, is with you. 

Taurus: April 20 – May 20

“When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with mars, then peace will guide the planet and love will steel the stars.” Usually this lyric is associated with “The Age of Aquarius,” but this time around the song of love is about you! After a long drought of a special something, you’re about to be pampered beyond belief. Move over, Aquarius, Taurus is taking over.

Gemini: May 21 – June 20

Duplicity has always been an interesting facet of Gemini folk. But at a rigorous school like Davidson, duplicity can easily multiply to become triplicity, quadplicity, and even cincplicity. The short diagnosis is that you’ve simply got too much on your plate, and the many facets of your personality can’t keep up. Luckily, Uranus, the planet of much needed breaks, is experiencing a cold season that’s sending chill vibes your way. A miracle is coming, just you wait.

Cancer: June 21 – July 22

Remember that childhood game in which you’d pluck petals and murmur wistfully, “they love me, they love me not”? Of course you do, because it’s exactly what your life has felt like this semester. Someone special in your life has been generating a whirlwind of confusion for you! Fear not, Pluto’s position will help clear things up by Frolics, allowing you to ditch the child’s play and get adult-y. ;)

Leo: July 23 – August 22

The Sun has been burning up lately, thus so have you. Don’t deny it—you’re restless! Restless for a break from work, restless for a day outside, and restless for a change. This makes sense, as the first half of spring semester tends to drag on. But change you asked for, and change you shall receive. The rest of this term will bring an avalanche of adventures, one after another. Blink and you might miss it!

Virgo: August 23 – September 22

The police are at your door. They’ve got a warrant. They’re barging in, putting you in handcuffs, and putting you away for a very long time. At least, that’s what would happen if having fun were a crime, because you’ve been having the time of your life! You can thank the playful dwarf planet Ceres for that, and you can thank the playful dwarf planet Ceres for the month to come, because the party isn’t set to stop anytime soon. Go ahead and live it up, love child. You haven’t exactly earned it, but hey, who’s gonna argue with free money?

Libra: September 23 – October 22

Cleanses are pretty trendy lately. There’s the juice cleanse, the avocado cleanse, and even the potato cleanse. But a food cleanse isn’t the type you need. No, you know you need a social cleanse, and Jupiter, the planet of friendships, is aligned perfectly to help you out. Take a step back, reassess which relationships in your life are holding you back, and go ahead and cleanse yourself of them. Just don’t get to carried away and go on an astrology cleanse or anything. You know you need this stuff.

Scorpio: October 23 – November 21

As a Scorpio, you’re a bit of a risk taker. However, some areas of life aren’t meant to be gambled with. One of those is, well, life. Beware, daredevil. Draco, the constellation of mischief and mistakes, will be hovering over your local stratosphere around the time of Frolics, so be sure to take extra precautions. Be it in the form of 50 SPF sunscreen, eating before you drink, or getting an IUD, use protection!

Sagittarius: November 22 – December 21

One thing’s for sure, this year has encompassed a lot of firsts. You can thank Neptune for all of the novelties you’ve experienced, but don’t get too comfortable with the way your life has settled quite yet. Late April will bring you one big new first, and yes, it’s exactly what you think it will be.

Capricorn: December 22 – January 19

Saturn’s acute hurricane has put you in a very nostalgic mood lately, and that’s nothing to be ashamed of. Milestones—and seeing a figure from your past’s social media posts—have the tendency to do that. But try not to dwell too much. Remember that today is what you’ll be nostalgic for tomorrow. So seize the day, hit the town, or phone a friend! Give tomorrow’s you something to be jealous of.

Aquarius: January 20 – February 18

Class. Breakfast. Class. Lunch. Class. Club. Meeting. Meeting. Dinner. Meeting. Repeat. What about this picture is missing? That’s right: sleep. We know you’re busy, and the school appreciates your efforts, but the miraculous energy that the Orion constellation has been giving you is about to run out. Treat yourself to a basic human right and hit the hay. That third meeting can wait.

Pisces: February 19 – March 20

As a child of the water, you have the tendency to overthink all of your interactions with people. Normally this quality serves you well, but with the school year coming to a close, it’s important that you focus on enjoying quality time with your friends and loved ones. Mercury’s skewed orbit is sending plenty of good vibes your way, so the universe has got you covered. Take it from a fire-child: life is short. Relish in it.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

Sophie comes from Atlanta, Georgia, and now attends Davidson College in the big city of Davidson, North Carolina. She dabbled in professional beat boxing, but ultimately decided she did not want to completely dominate the industry and ruin the careers of all aspiring beat boxers. Sophie likes reading, writing, and things that are free.