April Horoscopes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Aries: March 21 – April 19

Hey there, birthday girl! Let’s be honest: You’ve had a really great year. You can thank Uranus’ planetary allignment in relation to the Sun for that, but also thank your friends, your family, and your own rockin’ self. Now comes the time to wrap it all up. Though it may be bittersweet to leave this place for a whole three months, your Summer will most definitely be something special. Come Fall, you’ll be back and better than ever!

Taurus: April 20 – May 20

Your taste in music is excellent, granted. You can thank Jupiter, the planet of kickass playlists for that. But girl, it’s time to turn off the mopey jams and start tuning into some happier stuff. Yes, someone did you wrong and it’s a real bummer. But it’s time to let go of that and compile some classic pop, some 80s rock, and some peppy indie jams. Once you’re surrounded by joyful rhythms, they’ll start having an effect on you too.

Gemini: May 21 — June 20

Gemini, The letter of the month is A: A for April, A for Awesome, A for all the A’s you’re about to be racking up come finals season. This is all thanks to the Andromeda galaxy, which recently bumped into our very own Milky Way creating a ripple of A for Academic success. A is also for Amorous living, which is a fancy way of saying romance is around the corner. In fact, the only B April will feature is your Politics 121B class which, by the way, you will be getting an A in.

Cancer: June 21 – July 22

Life’s been a real roller coaster lately, hasn’t it, moonchild? Sometimes a wild ride is just what you need, but other times it’s just plain tiring. Luckily, with the thawing of the trees and with Venus’s impending solar eclipse, from here on out it’s smooth waters. Get ready for the sun to come out and for all your dreams to come true.

Leo: July 23 – Aug. 22

You’ve been feeling nostalgiac lately, for simpler times, for happier times, for sunnier times… ahh, memories. This is no fault of your own. Pluto, the (dwarf) planet of memory had found it’s way into your lioness constellation. More good times are on the way! Summer may seem far off, but really it’s right around the corner. In the meantime enjoy the moments you make now—soon enough you’ll be nostalgiac for these ones too.

Virgo: Aug. 23 – Sept. 22

It seems like the universe has been sending lot of signs lately—about a certain someone. But that’s just it, it only seems that way. Where’s the sign telling you all the signs are really signs? Wait no longer: This is your sign that the signs are really signs. What are you waiting for? Drop everything and go get ‘em girl.

Libra: Sept. 23 – Oct. 22

Libra, oh child of balance, oh lady of the scales, I have one word for you: Spa Day. You’ve been pushing yourself hard as heck lately! No one’s blaming you of course, the work ethic of Uranus has been shrouding the earth for quite some time. But midterms are over, Spring is upon us and girl, you deserve a break. Treat yo self and the world will treat you!

Scorpio: Oct. 23 – Nov. 21

You’ve been Burts Beezin’ it a lot lately, but you’ve got no one to appreciate your hydrated lips! Don’t worry—the trend won’t prevail much longer. During Frolics, Mars, the planet of hookups-that-sometimes-turn-into-something-more-but-only-if-you-want-them-to will be especially active. Whip out that Babylips, apply that lip gloss, smear on some lipstick, and let the smooching begin!

Sagittarius: Nov. 22 – Dec. 21

Turn that frown upsidedown, ponygirl! Life’s been a little tricky; it certainly seems like it’s been playing early April Fool’s jokes on you lately. But sometimes you’ve gotta look past the little setbacks and realize all the good that’s happening in the world! You’re on top of your scholarly game, your friend group is amazing, and your hair is, as the kids call it, “on fleek”. Life’s amazing, embrace it.

Capricorn: Dec. 22 – Jan. 19

Neptune has recently orbited directly into the Capricorn Constellation. If you don’t speak the language of the planets, here’s a rough translation: Your month is going to be hella. Easter break will bring you the relaxation time you desperately need and deserve, and Frolics will have you smiling all weekend. Take a breath and get ready: Life’s about to get so good.

Aquarius: Jan. 20 – Feb. 18

You’ve been waiting for a package, and you’ve almost lost hope. But have no fear! The U.S. Postal Service is about to pull through for you! For those interested in the technicalities of the universe, this is because Saturn, the planet of mail, is experiencing a dust storm that’s sending ripples all the way through the galaxy and to your mailbox. Be on the lookout for an email from your friendly local post office! (For those wondering, yes, Saturn reigns over Webmail too. And it is very sorry about the recent change-over.)

Pisces: Feb. 19 – March 20

To the lovely Davidson chicas reading this: Keep doing your thing girl. The joys of life will come to you when you least expect them. But Her Campus is getting a message from the universe that it’s not just Davidsonians reading this… is that a prospie we sense? If we’re right, then take this as a sign from the galaxy: Davidson is the place for you.  Filled with spectacular people, really ace courses, and occasionally nice weather, taking advice from this horoscope will be the best thing you’ve ever done. Also, think of how great a story it would make!

Sophie comes from Atlanta, Georgia, and now attends Davidson College in the big city of Davidson, North Carolina. She dabbled in professional beat boxing, but ultimately decided she did not want to completely dominate the industry and ruin the careers of all aspiring beat boxers. Sophie likes reading, writing, and things that are free.