9 Ways to Wear Hearts on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Are you in need of a last minute Valentine’s Day outfit? Are you looking for pieces that you can rewear after February 14th? Do you love all things heart-inspired? If you answered yes to any of these questions, take a look at these hearty outfit choices that will be equally dashing in February or November.

1. ASOS: Sweatshirt With Love Heart Patches

You know that sweater/sweatshirt with the heart patches that you wear constantly in the winter? Perfect for a casual, subtle Valentine’s Day look.

2. Urban Outfitters: Compania Fantastica Heart Print Belted Trench

I am IN LOVE with this trench. The neutral colors ground the whimsical print so this coat can be your staple trench for years to come.

3. Charlotte Russe: Heart Print Knotted Head Wrap

A hair accessory is an easy way to show a little holiday spirit without overwhelming everyone with your Vday enthusiasm. It can spice up any simple outfit, any time of the year!

4. Urban Outfitters: UO Heartbreaker Sunglasses

Speaking of accessories, no celebrity worthy Valentine’s Day outfit would be complete without heart shaped sunglasses. Channel your inner Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Lady Gaga, or Katy Perry in these babies. (A Valentine’s Day selfie in these sunglasses will be mandatory.)

5. ASOS: Crop Top with All Over Love Hearts Print

Go all out with a candy heart crop top. Pair it with a leather jacket and jeans for an edgy look, or a skater skirt and heels for a sweeter option.

6. Forever 21: Kiss Me Graphic Tee

Whether this is a hint for your bae or an invitation to a handsome stranger, this graphic tee could give you the attention you want on one of the most romantic days of the year. Plus, the streamlined font makes it wearable year round.

7. Charlotte RusseTriple Heart Cut-out Skater Dress

Got a hot date on Valentine’s Day? This dress shares just the right amount of holiday cheer with its festive heart shaped cut outs.

8. ASOS: 20 Denier All Over Heart Design Tights

Pair these tights with any dress or skirt in your closet for a delicate nod to the romantic day. But don’t wear them only on Valentine’s Day—you’d be surprised how versatile these sheer black tights can be!

9. Forever 21: Undiz Narauteriz Unioniz Heart Print Long Sleeve Top

Who needs a date when you have your awesome self to love, not to mention this snazzy sweatshirt? You’re smart, funny, and gorgeous. A guy would only cramp your style.

It doesn’t matter what you’ll be doing on Valentine’s Day. Whether you’ll be watching a rom-com with friends or going into the city for a fancy dinner, you should add some love to your wardrobe and wear one of these heart-themed pieces come February 14th. 

With my pale skin and curly hair, it might look like I spend all of my days in the library--which I totally could because I LOVE to read--but I promise I don't. I am an avid subscriber to Vogue, Lucky, and InStyle (you can infer my passion for shopping from that, right?). When I can't find what I want on the racks, I'll sew it myself. Elizabeth Taylor, Gregory Peck, Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly are my style icons, not to mention stars in some of my favorite classic movies. Little Rock, AR native and Davidson, NC resident. Instagram - elaineruthb Twitter - @ElaineRuthBoe