Are you ever in a bad mood and you want to snap yourself out of it but can’t? Maybe you’ve resorted to saying something like “At least I’m not ___________” or “At least I don’t _________” to try and make yourself feel better. You’re playing the “it could be worse” card. As if thinking about the bad things that aren’t happening to you will make you forget about the ones that are, or make them seem trivial by comparison. How pathetic. But hey, who knows? Maybe it will work for you. With that hope, I present to you the 9 Small Misfortunes That You Should Be Glad Are Not Happening to You at This Moment In Time.
1) Realizing Your Car Battery is Dead When You’re Already Running Late
2) Accidentally Sending a Text to Your Dad Instead of Your Best Friend
3) Breaking Your Glasses
4) Losing Your Only Phone Charger
I’m sorry, you’re screwed.
5) Getting Locked Out of Your Room Post-Shower
And Your Towel is Pretty Short.
It’s the middle of the night and you feel those bedbugs bite.
7) Your Computer Malfunctions and Your 12 Page Essay Disappears
It was not a good time for a Cyberspace Vacation, but your paper didn’t care.
8) Running into your Professor On Your Way to Skip Their Class
Must. avoid. eye. contact.
9) Dropping your Tray During Rush Hour At Commons
If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at email@example.com or come to our weekly meeting Mondays at 8 p.m. in Chambers 1003.