8 Bras to Spice Up “the Essentials”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Every girl has her go-to bras: the fierce leopard print, the sexy red lace, the comfy neon halterback, the basic nude. As a wardrobe staple, the bra goes a long way in supporting “the girls.” But aren’t we all bored of the “same old, same old” when it comes to the essentials? Never fear! If you’re looking to spice up your collection of bras, here are some totally reasonable everyday options…okay maybe not, but let’s be real–these bras are pretty crazy and cool. And hey, if you end up sporting one to Frolics next year, we won’t judge.

1. The Studded Bra

This fantastically spiky bra adds a hard rocker edge to your basic wardrobe. Side effects may include tears in your shirt due to all those spikes. Oh and hugs. Hugs might be awkward in this bra.

2. The Emergency Bra

If the zombie apocalypse comes early this year or if you’re faced with a sudden disaster, you better hope you put on The Emergency Bra. This patented product converts into two nifty face masks to prevent you and your partner from inhaling smoke or other toxins. With scientific expertise to back it up, this bra is for the nerdy science girls out there.

3. Fuzzy Leopard Bra

This bra takes “cat lady” to another level. A fuzzy leopard print bra for any girl who wants fuzzy pink and black spotted boobs…wait what!? We recommend you wear this bra when you’re looking to let out your inner sexy kitten. Just make sure your partner knows its the bra that’s furry….

4. Bullet Bra (hot damn)

An oldie but a goodie. Yes, the bullet bra. Some people may think this went out of style with the pin-up girl, but they would be wrong. Dita Von Teese with her retro style swears by the Bullet Bra. And she has a point (sorry bad pun) because this bra will keep “the girls” looking perky.

5. Glow in the Dark Bra

Admittedly, this is a rave bra, but we see this as more than just a concert staple. I mean, think about how useful this could be in a power outage or if you need to find the way to the exit in a dimly lit movie theater. Wear this bra and you will emit a radiant glow (literally). Plus be confident that you’ll never get lost in the dark again.

6. Victoria’s Secret “Fantasy Bra”

The Victoria’s Secret “Fantasy Bra” is possibly the most expensive and most uncomfortable bra in the world. This $10 million number is set with 18 karat gold and is encrusted with diamonds, rubies, and sapphires. We do not recommend this bra for the everyday grocery run because well, quite honestly, it doesn’t look very practical. But still. Who wouldn’t feel like a treasure wearing a bra worth more than your college education?

7. The Wine Rack

Wine Rack. Hmm…we see what they did there. This sports bra with a built-in wine pouch is the perfect bra for basically any time. It has the support of a sports bra and the drinking convenience of a bartender on hand at all times.

8. True Love Bra

See the bra “in action”: 

Okay, so the True Love Bra is not currently for sale, but we think it should be. Think of the uses! It’s a bra that only unlocks when your heart rate is elevated. Really, what could go wrong? Let’s just hope you don’t have a fear of public speaking, because that could get awkward… Downsides: you might have to do a few jumping jacks to pop it off when the time is right, but that won’t break the intimate mood of rose petals and scented candles, right? Okay, the True Love Bra has some glitches. But wouldn’t it be nice if your bra could help you find your one true love…yeah…maybe in 10 years.

Except for #8 (and maybe #6, we don’t know how many of those they actually make), all of these bras are on the market.  So, the next time your girls need a little lift, you know what to buy.