7 Times the Jonas Brothers Narrated My Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

I have been a Jonas Brothers fan for almost ten years now. While I don’t listen to their music as much as I used to (I’m down to about once every other week instead of 3x a week), I still find that their music basically describes my life (or how cool I wish it were). For all of my JoBro fans out there, here are 7 times Nick, Joe, and Kevin spoke to my teen and young adult self. 

1. An empty room can be so loud. It’s too many tears to drown them out. “Hold On”

Has JB been to base libs? Because no matter how quiet it is, I will get distracted by the sound of my own breathing. Or crying. 

2. Hello beautiful, it’s been a long time. “Hello Beautiful”

My thoughts at annual Commonsgivings and on diving into my bed when arriving home for Christmas.

3. You can try to break us and make us fall apart. But the fire’s in our hearts. “Hollywood”

The “you” in this case obviously being my self-scheduled exams. When I have consumed enough caffeine to set my heart on fire, I am ready to tackle anything. 

4. Burning up in this place tonight. Gonna sing it loud, and we’re feeling right. “Burning Up”

When we’re heading to a court party and I’m ready to dance.

5. I woke up on my roof with my brothers. There’s a whale in the pool with my mother. And my dad paints the house different colors. “That’s Just the Way We Roll”

I wish this would happen to me. Mostly because of the whale. And I wish Kevin and Joe were my brothers (as brothers-in-law, because I’m marrying Nick).

6. And I know we get a little loud. And I know we’re never gonna fake it. We are wild, we are free, we are more than you think. So call us freaks, ’cause that’s just the way we roll. “That’s Just the Way We Roll” 

My friend group’s anthem in junior high through high school, I still think this applies. 

7. We’re gonna live to party, gotta bust your move. Everyone’s in the groove. Tell the DJ to play my song. “Live to Party”

At most court parties, I will go up to the DJ at some point to request my song. My song=any Beyonce (but preferably from her Beyonce album). 

To all of my campus DJs out there–this article is also a request for more (any, really) Jonas Brothers music at court parties. Trust me, everyone will love you for it. 

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

With my pale skin and curly hair, it might look like I spend all of my days in the library--which I totally could because I LOVE to read--but I promise I don't. I am an avid subscriber to Vogue, Lucky, and InStyle (you can infer my passion for shopping from that, right?). When I can't find what I want on the racks, I'll sew it myself. Elizabeth Taylor, Gregory Peck, Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly are my style icons, not to mention stars in some of my favorite classic movies. Little Rock, AR native and Davidson, NC resident. Instagram - elaineruthb Twitter - @ElaineRuthBoe