The 7 Days of Living at F

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

I love living at F. It’s social, I know pretty much everyone who’s living there, and most of those people I’ve called friends for the last three years. I can run upstairs on a Saturday to grab a glass of my own wine before going back down. I can, but probably won’t, go play beach volleyball on a sunny day. It’s easy to support our soccer teams or go on the cross country trails, and the arduous walk up the hill is doing wonders for my glutes. One of my roommates has likened waking up in her F bed to waking up on Christmas morning. But what is it really like to live here?

1. Monday

Silence. I can get all my work done in my room because it isn’t loud here. If I work with my door closed, I can almost block out the Gilmore Girls marathon going on two rooms away. But what was that mysterious crash coming from the apartment above?

2. Tuesday

I love F and F loves me. I’m cooking in the kitchen with the groceries I finally brought myself to buy. It feels gourmet. My desk is a wonderland of productivity. Maybe I can fit an episode of Stranger Things in tonight. 

3. Wednesday

To partake or not to partake in the Wednesday festivities? It’s still pretty far away from the weekend, but I could socialize. Yeah, I mean, all I have to do is walk downstairs… After all, I’ll be hearing the music until 12 either way.

4. Thursday

Until Kpub season officially begins, Thursday will remain the night that I can really get things done, music or not. But if there is music? I’ll be at my desk listening to ambient music and ignoring the urge to dance every time “Closer” comes on.

5.Friday

TGIF, amirite? And TBT to the days of freshman year when 11 p.m. was the earliest that you could possibly arrive at F. Now? Let’s have a drink and go downstairs around 9, since we’re all friends here. If I want another drink that’s not Keystone Light? No problem, I can just walk upstairs, use my own bathroom, and pour something respectable for myself.

6. Saturday

I’ve been making Saturday my go-to-bed-early-ish night, i.e. before the music goes off at 2 a.m., and it’s really no problem since the Davidson workload has already made me tired enough to fall asleep almost immediately. And dancing up a storm at a court party is exhausting, but in the best way.

7. Sunday

Sunday night? Seriously? Should I file a noise complaint?*

*I understand Sunday Funday. Just wanted to let you know.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

Josephine is a senior English major from Massachusetts. She is the Marketing and Publicity Director for Her Campus at Davidson, a member of Connor House, and runs the Instagram account @cheeeesefries in her free time.