5 Shows to Watch During a Study Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

1. The Handmaid’s Tale

In the near future, a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship has emerged where most of the world is infertile. This show follows a woman named Offred who’s forced to act as a surrogate to a powerful couple. Watch this Emmy-winning show on Hulu!

2. Alias Grace

This is a fictionalized account of the infamous murders of Thomas Kinnear and his housekeeper Nancy Montgomery in 1843 by Grace and her accomplice, James McDermott. An enigmatic Grace recounts her life story to a psychologist weaving an intriguing tale that makes it difficult for him to remain impartial. 

3. Big Mouth

Middle schoolers are faced with the challenges that come along with puberty. It can be a bit crude at times, but its comedic approach towards such an stereotypically awkward topic makes it a great choice for a study break!

4. Chewing Gum

This Netflix original follows a 24-year-old virgin, Tracey, who seeks to break away from her mother’s religious conservatism and experience the world. Tracey’s awkward and relatable humor makes this a great break from studying.

5. Arrested Development

The Bluth family has always been wealthy, but when George Bluth gets arrested for corrupt business practices, the family’s finances are severely limited. This setback leads to some humorous situations as they learn to adjust to their new financial situation.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Monday at 8 p.m. in Chambers 1003.