etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Trendy Summer Colors and How to Pull Them Off

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

The beginning of summer is upon us, and that means it’s time to pack away all of our cold weather things and update our wardrobes! To start the season off right, let’s highlight some of 2016’s hottest colors and see how we can translate them into our closets and makeup bags.

1) Turquoise – This beautiful shade of blue-green is nostalgic of lazy days spent on the coast, and it’s the perfect color to brighten up any summer day. Here are some of my top makeup and fashion picks, ranging from true turquoise to more green or blue leaning variants. 

NYX Slim Eye Pencil in Teal ($3.50)

Forever 21 Turquoise Necklace ($9.90)

Forever 21 Embroidered Crepe Crisscross Cami in Mint ($10.00)

2) Mandarin – This zesty red-orange shade is bold enough for late nights at the cantina, yet also wearable for everyday adventures out in the sun. 

Maybelline Color Elixer in Mandarin Rapture ($8.99)

Modcloth Dots of Promise Sandals in Mandarin ($34.99)

ASOS Woven Flippy Shorts ($18.00)

3) Blush – Try this soft, feminine color out when you need a break from the bolder tones of the season’s palette.

Benefit Brightening Finishing Powder in Dandelion ($29.00)

Forever 21 Scuba Knit Fit & Flare Dress in Blush ($32.90)

NYX Extra Creamy Lipstick in Tea Rose ($4.00)

4) Lemon Yellow – This happy shade is great for creating unexpected pops of color in your OOTD’s, and as a bonus, looks beautiful on every skin tone, whether you’re warm, cool, or neutral! 

Everything But Water’s High Neck Halter Top in Lemonade ($68.00)

MAC Eyeshadow in Chrome Yellow ($16.00)

Urban Outfitter’s BDG Pakrer Cardigan in Mustard ($59.00)

May this color guide be an inspiration for all your summer fashion fun! Have a great break everyone! 

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

Claire Biggerstaff is a senior at Davidson College where she's pursuing a major in English. Since her sophomore year, she's been heavily involved with Her Campus and has written for her school's chapter, interned with Her Campus Media, and eventually became the Editor in Chief of her home chapter. Her work as also appeared on publications like Babe.net and The Odyssey. When she's not researching news stories or holding editing workshops with her writers, you can find her enjoying an episode of The X-Files and thinking about how much she loves autumn.