brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

14 Cool Celebrity Instagrams You Should Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.
  1. Andy Cohen (@bravoandy) and his dog, Wacha (@therealwacha)

Andy is the mastermind behind the Real Housewives of [insert city here] and also hosts Watch What Happens Live! on Bravo.  I highly recommend his Insta, his dog’s Insta, his show, and the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. 

2. Ellen DeGeneres (@theellenshow)

Ellen is one of the funniest people out there, and her #ThrowbackThursdays are legendary.  Her Instagram is guaranteed to brighten your day. 

3. National Geographic (@natgeo)

Ok, so maybe technically National Geographic isn’t a celebrity, but their Instagram consists of truly breathtaking pictures from around the world.  Nat Geo is the perfect remedy for when you’re feeling trapped in the Davidson bubble. (Also check out @natgeotravel.) 

4. Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling)

Mindy Kaling is a diva, but at least she knows it, right?  I’m personally a huge fan of her show The Mindy Project, and her Instagram is a nice mix of behind-the-scenes shots of her show as well as cool outfits and funny jokes she shares with her famous friends (and food). 

5. Beyoncé (@beyonce)

Do I really need to give you a reason? 

6. Allison Williams (@aw)

Allison Williams may be the most beautiful person to ever walk this earth (after Bey, obvi) and she is hilarious as Marnie on GIRLS and in real life.  Also, Allison is super goofy and super into dogs (just like me, right?). 

7. Betches (@betches)

Ok, again, not your traditional celebrity, but still worth a mention.  Betches is hands-down the funniest Instagram account out there, filled with weird memes and celebrities and always mocking current events. #betchesloveinstagram 

8. Anna Kendrick (@annakendrick47)

Anna Kendrick is arguably one of the most down-to-earth celebs out there.  Her Instagram consists of food and funny pictures of her with even better captions.  I’m positive that we would be BFFs. 

9. Nicki Minaj (@nickiminaj)

Nicki Minaj is wonderfully, eccentrically insane, and it definitely shines through via her Instagram. 

10. Lena Dunham (@lenadunham)

If you feel like your Instagram is missing a healthy dose of feminism, then Lena’s your girl.  She is so weird, so funny, so brilliant, and her dog Lamby is super cute as well. 

11. Kesha (@iiswhoiis)

I might be a little biased because I’ve been Kesha’s biggest fan since her Tik Tok days, but whatever.  Her Instagrams range from glitter to cats (Mr. Peep$ and Charlie) to baby pictures and everything in between.   

12. Lupita Nyong’o (@lupitanyongo)

Lupita is a brilliant, eloquent, beautiful woman with a killer sense of humor.  Another celeb BFF I’d like to have, please. 

13. Representative Kevin McCarthy (@repkevinmccarthy)

No matter your political leanings, we can all agree on a good Instagram (esp. if you’re a poli sci nerd like me).  Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) is currently the Republican Majority Leader in the House of Representatives and used to be the Majority Whip (Kevin Spacey called him up to ask for Frank Underwood tips, no joke).  This guy is incredibly handsome and just incredibly funny (you won’t regret this follow). 

14. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift) I know that this is a super basic choice, but I couldn’t leave her out.
Just your average twenty-something from North Carolina, "studying" political science at Davidson College, laughing at her own jokes, and trying desperately to become the next Tina Fey.