10 Reasons You Should Totally Be At Drop & Swap on Wednesday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

1.     Dunkin Donuts

We feel your midweek slump feels. Caffeinate yourself. Load up on sugar. Conquer the world.

2.     Study Break

Just take a little bit to swing by before your brain completely short circuits. AND you’re removing clutter you don’t need from your room in the process so its productive. You’re replacing it with clutter you TOTALLY do need. Look at you, even being productive during your study breaks. Way to go champ.

3.     New Things are Fun

It doesn’t matter what kind of new thing it is. It’s always way more exciting when it’s new.

4.     Wardrobe Ennui

It’s totally a thing. Especially because no one has the faintest idea of how to dress for this weird midseason do-I-wear-shorts-or-a-parka weather and so suddenly you are hideously bored of everything in your closet because you’re still wearing stuff from last season that you’re bored of and already going through half of your exciting stuff for this season. Unfortunately, Her Campus cannot tell the weather (or the temperature controls in Chambers for that matter) to get it together, but “is this outfit weather appropriate” roulette is made much more exciting by something new to wear.

5.     Door Prizes

The wonderful Her Campus leaders have blessed us with Survival Kits full of all kinds of fun things to make your semester just a smidge easier, and we’re super excited to pass some of the blessings along.  (Browse a bit through our page to see what kind of stuff might pop up).

6.     Fun New Activities

Unused 24 pack of Crayola crayons? First thought: Dude, 24 is the perfect size. Plenty of variety but not overwhelming. Second thought: Brb gonna go spend the rest of the night de-stressing and coloring. (Note: if anyone has crayons please bring them).

7.     Super Cool New People

There’s always a ton going on everywhere on campus, but this event is just for you to do something fun and hang out and socialize. Come meet the Her Campus staff (all awesome,  I can attest) and chat with the other people coming through. Bond over the fact that someone brought in nerd paraphernalia from your favorite fandom, or just pick up something random from the tables and then compare your loot hauls with the other people around.

8.     You Get what You Give (or more)

You get to pick up as many items as you drop off, so you know you’ll come out with at least as much as you came in with (plus door prizes and free coffee).

9.     You will spend exactly $0

It’s like shopping, but without spending the money. Its like that time DJ Tanner on Full House thought she could take a sweater for free because she saw a sign advertising credit that said buy now pay later. But you actually can take it for free if you bring in something to swap it for. And you don’t have to pay later. It’s basically like magic.

10. I Told You to Come

I don’t know what my word means to you but, uh, my mom thinks I’m pretty special so…

In all seriousness, its going to be a lot of fun, a great way to take a quick break to make your day better, and you’ll get some really cool stuff out of it. I hope to see you there!