10 Reasons Why Ellie Kemper Should Be Your New Girl Crush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Ellie Kemper is unbreakable (pun highly intended). Along with the second season premier of her hit Netflix Original Comedy Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, she has partnered with Buick, guest starred on the very prominent The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, AND has become pregnant with her first child with husband Michael Koman!

Clearly, the world just can’t get enough of her. I mean, I know I can’t – she’s like the adorkable big sister I’ve always wanted…

But, if that’s not enough to sway you, here are ten more reasons you should be majorly girl crushing on Ellie Kemper right now:

1) She’s always wearing a smile.

2) She can go from adorably cute to stunningly gorgeous in 2 seconds.

I mean come on, why can’t I look that good in goofy disguise glasses? 

3) Her boss is none other than the Queen of Comedy herself, Tina Fey.

4) She’s even hosted on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

5) In fact, she’s never afraid to show off her dance skills.

Just look at that perfectly executed sprinkler/shopping cart! 

6) She has a big, happy, fake family of cute redheaded children.

Do you see them? Do you see them in the back? That’s adorable folks.

7) She rocks Kimmy Schmidt’s yellow cardigan like no other can.

And that’s a pretty tough combo to pull off.

8) She says what we’re all thinking.

9) She’s weird in a wonderful way.

Yes, that is a cone bra.

10) She’s like a warm ball of sunshine and puppies in human form.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

Claire Biggerstaff is a senior at Davidson College where she's pursuing a major in English. Since her sophomore year, she's been heavily involved with Her Campus and has written for her school's chapter, interned with Her Campus Media, and eventually became the Editor in Chief of her home chapter. Her work as also appeared on publications like Babe.net and The Odyssey. When she's not researching news stories or holding editing workshops with her writers, you can find her enjoying an episode of The X-Files and thinking about how much she loves autumn.