10 Perks of Not Drinking

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

There are times in your life, and probably in your college career, where you stop, take a second, and realize you might need to just not with the alcohol for a while.  I happened to realize this only 5 days into the school year–you know we each have our moments of clarity.  In the midst of these first weeks back, for those who already aren’t drinking, for those who don’t want to anymore, or for those who just don’t want to for a while, there are some nice perks to being sober.  

1. Different vices like sugar.

2. You’re always yourself and can, indeed, check yourself before you wreck yourself.

3. Remembering everything you did in a night (seriously, I know we normalize blackouts here, but THAT SHIT IS NOT NORMAL).

4. Saving $$$.

5. Feeling your emotions and learning how to cope with them like an #adult.

6. Not waking up with a raging headache.

7. You’re a much better friend.

8. WAY easier time falling asleep and staying asleep.

9. You don’t have to pee ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

10. You can always drive to get food.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

A little obsessive about food blogs, books, Netflix, running, and obviously sleeping. It's not what you do, I say, but how you do it.