This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

1.  Plants

I strongly believe that you can never have enough plants.  And in a dorm room, they add much-needed color and life.  Tip: Check out these below. They are from Trader Joe’s, and they have GLITTER!

Trader Joe’s, $5.99

2.  Underwear

Get her a cute pair that she might not treat herself to! 

aerie, $12.50

3.  Candle

I always have a candle in my room, especially in the winter when I want everything to smell like an evergreen forest.  Bonus: They do double duty as desk decor!

Anthropologie, $12

4.  Sticker(s)

Websites like Redbubble have really cool stickers, everything from classic flashback references to current pop culture phenomena. Tip: If you buy more than 6 stickers, you automatically get 50% off!

Redbubble, $2.56

5.  Art print

Check out Etsy for unique, but affordable, prints.  Tip: If you find a shop that you want to get a lot of gifts from, you only need to pay one shipping fee! 

Society6, $14.56

6.  Socks

You can never have too many socks in the winter, from fuzzy socks to ski socks to dress socks.  Tip: My favorite place to get socks is Madewell. They are soft and come in a variety of lengths!

Madewell, $12.50

7.  Time

I like giving the gift of a meal, but this could really be any sort of friend date.  Tip: If you decide on a meal, pick a place to suit your budget!

8.  Pins (here are some great options!)

Enamel pins are everywhere right now! From your backpack to jean jacket, these accessories are small but fun statement pieces.

Pintrill, $12

9.  A book you enjoyed

Is there a book that had a major impact on you?  Giving the gift of a good read is a great option, especially because your friend will have time to read it over winter break!

Amazon, $8.68

10.  Framed photo

Giving someone a photo of you and her together means a lot, and it really only costs the price of the frame.  Tip: For an added personal touch, write a note on the back of the photo!

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.