Career

What I Wish I Had Known About Finding Internships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.

Internships can be a topic that causes stress. So much stress. Especially, during Junior Year of college, finding *that perfect internship* was extremely important. Looking for internships, editing resumes, writing cover letters and sending in application after application and not hearing back or getting rejections. It is not a super fun process, and I started doubting myself.

Why do these companies not want me as an intern? Is my resume not good enough? Do I need to improve my cover letters? It seemed that everyone around me was getting all these incredible internships. 

And I felt lost. 

Eventually, I did hear back from companies and I ended up securing an internship that I truly enjoyed. 

It is difficult to not compare yourself to others sometimes when it seems that everyone is succeeding and you are left behind, but these are the exact moments where you have to keep trying and eventually, it will work out. 

Paula is the Social Media manager for Her Campus at Dartmouth College. In addition to managing the social media platforms, she enjoys writing about Health, Beauty and Food. Paula is originally from Germany, but lived in London during 8th Grade, attended High School in New York City and has now been attending Dartmouth College for the last 2 years. She is extremely passionate about her YouTube Channel (Paula Joline) and her Instagram account (@paula.joline_nyc), where she enjoys telling people in Germany about life in America and people in the United States about what it is like to go to college.
Aishu Sritharan

Dartmouth '20

Aishu Sritharan is a member of the Dartmouth College class of 2020.