This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.
  1. Gaming – I know plenty of people are on Animal Crossing New Horizons or the newest Pokemon game. There’s something to be said for taking up gaming as a way to de-stress
  2. Keep informed, but find ways to wind down after reading stressful news. Also, ensure that the sites aren’t spreading misinformation about serious topics like coronavirus prevention, etc. Always double check with the CDC and WHO. 
  3. Keep connected over social media, FaceTime, email, text messages (I send the brief message “we care” every morning to remind people they matter, even if it’s hard to keep connected sometimes)
  4. Streaming nights, stream a movie over a Netflix Party app extension or Zoom
  5. Get dressed up, just for you. Even if it’s not safe to go out, you can have a glamorous night in!
Sophia Whittemore is a Correspondent for the Dartmouth HXCampus branch. When not working on HXCampus, they're writing webcomics on Webtoons, Pride books for Wattpad, was a staff writer at AsAm News, and has published the "Impetus Rising" series back when they were in high school. Sophia's also a geek, but who isn't?
Aishu Sritharan

Dartmouth '20

Aishu Sritharan is a member of the Dartmouth College class of 2020.