1. When the program you’re making inevitably crashes after you’ve spent three hours working on your latest project.
2. When you think you’re finished with your assignment, but somebody points out that one mistake in the corner of the screen.
3. Entering the computer lab and thinking, “ah, I’m home”.
4. Being home, looking at your laptop, and thinking, “ah, work.”
5. Seeing the price tag on the latest graphic design programs like…
6. When you try to figure out if you know a program well enough to add it as a skill to your resume.
7. When somebody asks you how many hours you spent on your latest project.
8. When you watch a new animated movie and you can’t get past how realistic the hair physics on the characters look like, and the ways the textures are mapped, and just how long it probably took to model that sand pit in the background…
9. Playing a video game, any video game, and getting entranced by just how the graphics look so smooth, and then dying in the game because you were so distracted by gawking at the scene around you.
10. Watching one second of a professional, studio-animated movie put together by a team of fifty, putting aside your computer mouse, and thinking, “yeah, I can do that”. And then five days later going: